Optic mount / Optic for 3 gun with 5.45 Saiga?

I'm doing a match that requires Russian weapons for engaging targets from 50 yards to 300. I'd like an affordable optic mount that won't require me to re-zero after a cleaning. I'm leaning toward something like a VOMZ 30mm mount and the primary arms 1-4x24 optic. Amy other suggestions?

-Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Or 'mallninja' it with a BP02 mount from Kalinka (or whoever). Tall BP02 ends up with about a chin weld but doesn't block irons, while a low gives you a cheek weld but does block irons. I have a big vortex mounted on a tall BP02, and I don't have any trouble with losing zero.

If using the Saiga puts you into open class anyway, might as well stick a double-optic setup on the rifle, too.

Vortex plus a small red-dot like a Doktor, since the side rail is ~2" long (using that term loosely).

It's very high. My buddy ran one on his Arsenal he had. Chin weld, at best.

Works fine on the Saigas. It is a low mount (too low to use the iron sights). Allows easy removal of dust cover and bolt assembly. Allows very good cheek weld with the Mapgul MOE buttstock and a decent one with KVAR buttstock. Currently have them on three of my converted Saigas and will order more.

M

post-5127-0-36658500-1320602560_thumb.jpg

Edited by m1key