Newbie Question: Best range ammo?

Federal 100 Round value pack from Wal-Mart. This is usually the best out of the brands they carry, however usually the least carried brand.

I only had a few fte's when I got my saiga 12. Now its so far flawless with the factory 5rd mag. can even shoot from the hip with fed bulk with no issues. And mine is unconverted. If you have a scheels in your area they have federal tru-ball slugs for $2 after a $2/box(limit 5 boxes)rebate.

Federal 100 Round value pack from Wal-Mart. This is usually the best out of the brands they carry, however usually the least carried brand.

Thanks much - Is that slug or buckshot? What setting on the V plug works best with that?

I only had a few fte's when I got my saiga 12. Now its so far flawless with the factory 5rd mag. can even shoot from the hip with fed bulk with no issues. And mine is unconverted. If you have a scheels in your area they have federal tru-ball slugs for $2 after a $2/box(limit 5 boxes)rebate.

We must not have that store here in OH since I've not heard of it.

+1 for Federal Value pack.

The 100-round Federal packs are $1 more than the Winchester universal packs in my area. For the extra dollar though, you get drastically better ammo. Winchester universal sucks in so many different ways. Weak powder loads, lousy patterns, soft easily-deformed hulls, the list goes on and on....

Edited by cheeseybacon