Folding stock question

In the process of converting my 308, and thinking about my x39 as well. I think I have seen folding stocks that use a standard AK type stock, not an AR or ACE skeleton stock. Yet looking at the options at various websites I've not that option.

Could an AK adapter and hinge be modified to take a standard stock or vice versa, standard stock adapted to a hinge? Or is there something on the market I am missing?

Depends on what you want, the wooden or wire stocks are the only two actual AK folders I know of(someone else may know better). Take a look here in the For Sale/Want to Trade section as well as any Importer handling AK's in general. And since the Saiga is built with the heavier reciver like the RPK, I would imagine(not sure though) that an RPK folder may work with little modding.

I've seen several of both types at the local gunshows and parts for each as well. One of the great things about the AK platform, it'll take about anything you want to do to it, you just have to figure out how.

Good luck.