SGM tri rail how to install

Im going to be picking up an sgm tri rail and an angled foregrip in a month or so. I was wondering if it will use the same factory forarm screw that it uses now, the one with the sling loop. Or will I have to buy a rail mount sling loop, to use my sling?

I cant find info anywhere on how to install it.

Here's a few things I've learned putting a Magpul AFG on my SGM foreend on my Saiga 7.62x39.

-As Greg stated, there is no sling loop on the SGM foreend. Furthermore, if you're going to put one of the Magpul AFG grips on it, it's going to occupy pretty much all of the lower rail space, so any rail sling attachment is going to have to go on the side.

-Get the AFG V2 (the smaller one). There's not a lot of rail space on the front, and the AFG I puts it really far forward. I used a Dremel and made two diagonal cuts on the top of the rail interface of the AFG II to allow it to sit even further back. I can explain more, but if you've got both parts in your hand, it's pretty obvious what needs to be done.

-It's going to be really far out there, depending on your stock LOP. Less of an issue for me, as I'm 6'6" and wear 37" sleeves, but something to keep in mind if you're less gangly than I am.

Here's a pic of my rifle in its current and nearly final configuration (Ultimak installed last night, so not exactly qualified to comment on it yet until it gets some rounds through it):

IMG_0078.jpg

Oh crap, I thougth the rail came all the way back. Well thats two strikes against my idea now. I want my AFG almost all the way back, and if I cant get that with the tri rail I need to look elswhere. Having to buy a rail mount sling attatchment isnt that big of a deal, but having my angled grip that far up definately is.

Thanks for the info, I would have never known.

On that note, any suggestions in the same price range as the sgm tri rail? I may have to go with the new chaos forend. The chaos is a good deal for around 125 shipped, but thats a little more than I want to spend.

Oh yea, Mr7q, Im 5'8. I need it close.

Im definately planning on getting the chaos during tax time. Since the only real reason I want one is to mount the angled fore grip, Ill go with that one. Plus, my rifle needs a make over, and I love the look of the shorter chaos. It makes it look like a real deal ak.

thanks though greg