My Saiga 12 Conversion Project (with photos)>>>>>&

Good evening!

I've been working on a pistol grip conversion on my Saiga 12 shotgun, and did an article on my experience. Hopefully I can inspire someone equally as inept as I am to step outside of their comfort zone and do the work themselves. I'm the lowest common denominator folks...truly if I can do it, anyone can.

My Saiga 12 Pistol Grip Conversion Project | ThruMyLens

The project is about 80% complete at this point - look for an update to the article in a few days when the parts I'm waiting on come in.

I am curious if you can feel a difference in the recoil after that break. From what I have read there just isn't enough gas pressure at the end of the barrel to make a break effective on shotguns.

Have you tried any test?

I am curious if you can feel a difference in the recoil after that break. From what I have read there just isn't enough gas pressure at the end of the barrel to make a break effective on shotguns.

Have you tried any test?

No tests yet. If I was really smart, I would have incorporated each individual recoil reducing upgrade individually before combining them so I could gauge the relative effectiveness of each one.

Good article John. I have a Remington 870 with an Enidine buffer. I might spring for that AR adapter and see how well it works with the Saiga-12.

I have my membership at Middletown (card arrived yesterday) so I am going to try and put a few rounds through my stock S12 just to see how it cycles.

Mitch

No tests yet. If I was really smart, I would have incorporated each individual recoil reducing upgrade individually before combining them so I could gauge the relative effectiveness of each one.

Yeah. Me too. I have tried the sissy pad without the mercury, but not the other way around. I have been meaning to weigh out a pound of lead and see how much of a difference I can tell between the two, but the last few times I have gone shooting, I have had a freind along who would have been bored by methodical experimentation.

I just don't want to drop around $80 on a muzzle device and not see an effect or come up with a placebo effect to justify my purchase. Especially since my choke adapter does make an observable improvement.

Yeah. Me too. I have tried the sissy pad without the mercury, but not the other way around. I have been meaning to weigh out a pound of lead and see how much of a difference I can tell between the two, but the last few times I have gone shooting, I have had a freind along who would have been bored by methodical experimentation.

I just don't want to drop around $80 on a muzzle device and not see an effect or come up with a placebo effect to justify my purchase. Especially since my choke adapter does make an observable improvement.

Well, if I had to be completely honest, one reason for choosing the muzzle break I bought was that I thought it looked cool on the gun. The theoretical benefit in reduced muzzle rise was icing on the cake. :)

That's a factor, but the cost and weight detered me. For looking cool, I think a couple of WAKAL Dreadnought midbarrel compensators and a break like yours, the tromix monster, or the Molot break is about as cool looking as things can go.

Took the new S12 to Middletown on Saturday. I put a bunch of low brass through it with no issues. Also changed the gas piston setting and tried a couple of 3" magnum 00 buck. Won't be shooting many of those. My shoulder's still sore from that. :-)