Id like to SBS my S-12... who else is doing it besides Tromix?

Im looking to SBS my S-12, but Tromix is closed until mid next year. Does anyone know of a good builder to tackle this? Im still debating on which length to go with, but it will be between 8 and 10" most likely. I still have to look into it in terms of loosing wayy too much performance versus effectiveness factor.

I don't know. You would have to call Tromix. This is a gun you will be married to (NFA). Take it fron a guy that has lived and learned, you want it built by the best. There is nothing more disheartening than having a SBS that you've sunk a pile of money into and it is totally useless. Anyone want to sell me a bolt, bolt carrier and barrel?

I dont see much in their respective forums on conversions, let alone on their sites. Im trying to find their reliability percentage on their SBS's. I know Tromix is pretty much 99.9% reliable. I dont want to dish out the dough and then this thing wont fire low brass, when all I had to do was wait 6 mths and get Tromix to run it.

I talked to Lone Star and they dont want to SBS it because it already has work done to it, Paulys glass bolt converted etc. Tac47 will do it but they will charge me again to convert it. Even though its done, they will re-do it again. Im guessing Tromix is my only bet now. Unless someone knows of another place that will SBS an already converted gun and a gun that has had bolt work.

edited: Lone star doesnt want to do it because they would much rather work on an unmolested gun.

Edited by MrOneEyedBoh

I talked to Lone Star and they dont want to SBS it because it already has work done to it, Paulys glass bolt converted etc. Tac47 will do it but they will charge me again to convert it. Even though its done, they will re-do it again. Im guessing Tromix is my only bet now. Unless someone knows of another place that will SBS an already converted gun and a gun that has had bolt work.

edited: Lone star doesnt want to do it because they would much rather work on an unmolested gun.

Lol! I didn't EVER say "unmolested". I did indicate that it is best to start with a factory IZ-109, and have one builder do the project start to finish.

Good luck with the project!

• 4 weeks later...

Tac47 built my SBS and it eats anything, I put a JTE magwell on it and I have been less than thrilled with it. I tested the new Tac47 yesterday and it was a 100% reliable so as soon as they come out I will be putting one on my baby.

img1078xt.jpg

img1076f.jpg

Niner,

What are the issues with the magwell?

He is a TAC 47 guy now, and they have a mag well coming out, so go figure! Don't know why people have to bad mouth their competition. Why can't we all just get along?? cool.png

Bought your product and it doesn't work that great for me. Sorry that hurts your feelings but it has been my experience that the SGM doesn't work at all and I never could get your magwell to work 100%. Your magwell like the SGM relies solely on mag fitment to produce the correct feed angle. The Tac47 is more like the R&R targets magwell that uses the side mag release to produce the correct feed angle. I also own the R&R targets magwell on my race gun, but it works just like it is supposed to so no complaints there. I don't carry anyones water I don't care if I am friends with Keith or not, I will not bash someones product with out cause or make false statements about Tac47 products just for him to sell a product. I tried the SGM and it never worked on several guns I built, I have yours on my SBS and it works about 90-95% of the time something that I have stated numerous times on this forum well before the Tac47 magwell was ever conceived. I guess had you and another vendor not decided to lock out Tac47 from purchasing your magwell we wouldn't be having this conversation, but in the long run consumer wins!

Yours Truly

Tac47 GUY!

Edited by NinerRider
Niner, What are the issues with the magwell?

My issue with the JTE magwell is that it relies solely on the fitting the mag so that the correct feed angle is maintained. I got where I could produce mags that were pretty reliable albeit never a 100%. When I had feed problems they typically were that the shell would not go all the way in to battery, at that point you could rack the bolt and load a new shell or smack the bolt carrier forward to force it into battery. Once i got them fitted correctly with the proper feed angle they were never 100% drop free, which is half the reason I wanted a magwell in the first place. Other than that I think the magwell is a nice unit!

Niner, What are the issues with the magwell?

My issue with the JTE magwell is that it relies solely on the fitting the mag so that the correct feed angle is maintained. I got where I could produce mags that were pretty reliable albeit never a 100%. When I had feed problems they typically were that the shell would not go all the way in to battery, at that point you could rack the bolt and load a new shell or smack the bolt carrier forward to force it into battery. Once i got them fitted correctly with the proper feed angle they were never 100% drop free, which is half the reason I wanted a magwell in the first place. Other than that I think the magwell is a nice unit!

Copy that. Thank you.