Pin retainer help please!

Ok guys I know it's been asked before. I searched it but am still unclear.

Right now I'm using clips as pin retainers. I would like to use a plate but have read it needs to be modified for the s308...

An old post said this plate needs no modification.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-126/AK47-TAPCO-SAIGA-AXIS/Detail

Can someone verify? Or if not this one then wich if any? Or worst case what needs to be modified?

Thanks again...

Edited by hellraiser

I got mine from Dinzag and it seems like a no-brainer. I can't think of a reason not to use the plate. It made the whole process easier, especially holding everything together while pulling down the BHO spring. I used Spider Wire (synthetic fishing line) instead of dental floss. Here is a link to Dinzag's (made by Power Custom)...it does look a little different than the one on CSS.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/akretp.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just wanted to follow up for thoes who may read this later...

I received the power custom pin retainer from red star arms and it slipped into the 308 no problem. I don't know if there are variants in the s308 but this one took less then 5 min to swap out with the clips.

I'm not knocking using clips I ran several hundred rounds with them with no problems but in my head they were the thing that would/could fail first.

Right or wrong a few bucks and 5 min for a lil peace of mind!

Thanks again guys!

Edited by hellraiser