410 Drum Review

So I have shot almost 100 rounds through two different promag drums. Here is my short review. Both magazines have functioned flawlessly with 3" rounds. I did shoot about 20 2 1/2" rounds through one and had two FTF. Both of these rounds got hung up on the bottom of the feed chamber.

Like many mags there is a little bit of fitting that my be required. I need to shave a little off the back locking tab so it will lock in easier. The magazines are a little bit difficult to load because you have a smaller surface to push down on, it is not unmanageable just a little difficult.

The size of the magazine is the same as a MD Arms 12 gauge mag. It does get in the way a little bit of your support arm when shooting if you do not have a vertical fore-grip. It would be nice to see Promag make one the same size as their 12 round mag.

It sure is fun to blow through 30 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger. However, it has pushed me to the point that I am starting to reload to help mitigate the cost.

• Like 3

Promag has the drum up for sale through its website, $144.75 + shipping.

YIKES! Hopefully CSS can offer a better price.

We have them coming next week. Probably will be around $119.95. Email us if you would like to be notified when they come in.

• Like 1

Both of the hang ups where on the bottom of the feed ramp (Chamber was probably the wrong word to use.). It appears that if they would have been tilted a little more or a little longer they would have fed just fine. It deformed the front edge of the shell pretty good. I have them kicking around some where I will see if I can find them and post a pic for you.

• 1 month later...