Arsenal SGL-20 Muzzle Brake

My new (old stock) Arsenal SGL20-01 that I just bought does not have a muzzle brake, just a very ugly thread cap. What is the best source for a AK-74 style brake for the 7.62x39 SGL-20? Will the brake on my 5.45x39 SGL-31 work on the 7.62x39 SGL-20? I was thinking of buying a surplus (E. German) chrome lined brake for my SGL-31 since I shoot it mostly w/ corrosive Russian surplus ammo.

SGL20-01

SGL-20.jpg

SGL20-01.jpg

SGL31-61

012.jpg

Edited by Iceberg

I have seen guys use the 5.45 muzzle brake but it is tight for the .30 cal bullet. I would recommend using a brake made for the 7.62X39 you can buy the proper brake from K-var or some of the other forum business members. Also they come up from time to time in the for sale section. There was a thread I think in this sub-forum a year or so ago about this and with alot of pic and talk about not using the brake with the correct size hole would affect accuracy I wil try to find it for you.

ADDED: This thread is from a couple days ago check out the links in post #2 (Thanks AZG for saving me the work) and it will answer all your questions. http://forum.saiga-1...__fromsearch__1

ALSO: I see you are a newbie here well WELCOMEbeer.gif If you look around you should be able to find out the answer to any question you should have and if you can't find it ask and one of us and we will try to point you in the right direction. Welcome to the sickness it is all down hill from here.

Here is a pic I found: The one on the left is 5.45X39 and on the right is 7.62X39. A picture is worth 1000 words.

post-21226-0-71993600-1322463505_thumb.jpg

Edited by SCHULTZE

Cool I prefer the bulgarian surplus and not a US made fake copy. Same price for the real thing

I plan on picking up a chromed surplus brake in 5.45 for my SGL-31, however I could not find any surplus 24mm brakes in 7.62 cal.

Edited by Iceberg