After firing my XDM .45 (about 100 rounds) I noticed there is cloudiness on the finish right near the end of the barrel on the outside of the gun. I'm sure this is just powder residue from shooting, but i want to make sure it's ok to put a solvent on that part of the gun. Would CLP work? CLP has a description that says it's solvent and lube.. thoughts? Or I could just go buy a dedicated solvent..

Thanks

break free. and it works great for corrosive ammo too. i also use tuff glide on my knives but havent used it yet on my guns. its good shit but expensive.

Breakfree is good as a protector, but I gotta say, it kinda sucks as a cleaner.

Shouldnt even need solvent. I just wipe the powder residue off mine and it comes completely off. The finish on my XDM is extremely tough.

When I first got it I thought I scratched it sticking it under the seat of my car one day. Then I realized it was the metal from the seat that rubbed off on the gun. Ive also left marks on it from the rivets in my jeans but still havent scratched it!