If someone killed my GSD cause he ran away for a day......it wouldn't go over well.

That's exactly what I've been thinking about.... He's trained to stay here and is inside a lot of the time. If he's outside relieving himself though, and happens to catch a wiff of a bitch in heat a few blocks away (which does happen from time to time with a neighbor's pit bull a couple blocks from here...) he could not help but investigate, even knowing he'll be sneaking back with his tail tucked... and if animal control happens through here at the same time and happens to catch him somehow.... well they haven't tried this crap in my county, but it would NOT be pretty if he was killed for that.

So NC's K-9 units will also be destoyed? Clearly these animals have shown their potential to be abused or mistrained, but also have proven their value numerous ways. Seems similar to the anti-gun arguments

I'd doubt it. That reasoning hasn't really worked on machine guns.

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. Some of the most vicious dogs out there are the little ankle biters. But no dog should ever be put down simply because a certain breed happens to have had some bad owners. Glad there was enough stink raised about this to end this. I heard some say (locally) that it was only Cumberland County. But this crap always starts somewhere!

• Like 3