2 stock questions

1) What length of pull does the K-var stock provide after conversion? LOP is making me think I don't want to swap the trigger group because I want a full length stock (sporter). I put my SKS in a Choate stock for length.

2) Is there a US made Dragonov stock I can bolt on without trigger conversion and what is it's LOP?

The Tapco non-converted stock with built in grip just doesn't do it for me.

Thanks guys!

Woody

Edited by woodyp

Some brands, including K-Var/Arsenal, have stocks in both Warsaw length and Nato length, the Nato length stocks will give an extra 1 1/2 inch or so in length of pull over the Warsaw type stocks, if I recall correctly. However, I am not sure that even the Nato length stocks will be as long as the original sporter Saiga stocks.

Edited by TJohn

Bikermutt07---------is it US made and do you have a pic?

No, I don't believe it is. Sorry.

Bikermutt07, if Woodyp doesn't want that draganov type stock, I would be interested.........

That's fine with me, but I'm not allowed to sell it to you. So, you'll have to take it for free, plus shipping.

Guess I need to go ahead and make a donation to the site.big_smile.gif

How come you want to keep such a long stock? Do you have Gumby arms? NATO length provides an adequate length of pull for most frames, I'm 6'2" and it fits me great, it also restores the natural balance of the rifle

It may be just what he is used to. I put a Nato on my restoration and I am only 5'5", the warsaw just felt too short.....even for me! I am used to more conventional rifles than short combat type config.

I absolutely Hate having to suck up to a rifle, i.e. pull it in to the shoulder. I'm much more used to the feel and length of a hunting/sporter style stock. Having the short wooden factory stock on the SKS convinced me of that. Swapped it out for a sporter length Choate and love it! This is my first venture into the AlmightyKommie47 world, so I might have a change of heart!