MAK 90 good deal?

Take a bore light and check for rust/pitting in the barrel/gas tube and overall, check the muzzle's crown, sights are straight, look at all the internals for anything that might have been damaged or worn.

Cycle the action a few times, feel the trigger, check stock/forearm for hairline cracks, magazine well hasn't been modified.

Matching serial numbers? Mags, how many does it come with?

Normal stuff for any used firearm.

Milled receiver or stamped receiver? Stamped = sheet metal, milled = solid, thick construction. Either way it's a fine deal - even in mediocre condition it's a fine deal. If it's a milled gun, that's a HELL of a deal. As long as it doesn't have catastrophic rust (tough to find such a thing on an AK) or a fucked up barrel, go for it! Even if the bolt carrier, bolt, and/or dust cover are in some way fucked up, you can buy an entire Romanian parts kit for about $100 that includes everything but the barrel and receiver, and make yourself a functional AK still under the $400 mark.

Yup, I'll say it. Anytime you see an AK that is Russian or Chinese and it is less than $300, it is an automatic buy! Don't ask on a forum, just buy it. Here is the one I bought, sight unseen000.gifhttp://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/71114-the-saga-of-the-250-saiga-pics/page__fromsearch__1

Just learn from this experience and you will know what to do next time, it is impossible to lose money on an AK if it is less than $300 and fires032.gif

Just make sure it does not have that 3rd hole on the receiver.

badhole.jpg

http://www.ak47world.com/rifles.html

I had a guy trying to sell me a MAK-90 converted underfolder (was an underfolder before) for $500. I was so excited until I saw the pictures. He did not know either and the shop he bought it from didn't know it too. There are still out there so just watch out and look for these.