Gun City S12 mags

If you are wanting magwell mags just buy the VEPR mags over on rusmilitary.com they work fine in the saiga and work with the LRBHO. I don't know if they will ship from NZ I have never heard of anyone buying from them I know a few have tried.

If you are wanting magwell mags just buy the VEPR mags over on rusmilitary.com they work fine in the saiga and work with the LRBHO. I don't know if they will ship from NZ I have never heard of anyone buying from them I know a few have tried.

So, you read my reply in the other thread and it will work? http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/73564-iz-109bho-mags/page__pid__718905&do=findComment&comment=718905

Has anyone ever placed an order with Gun City for S12 mags? Didn't know if they would ship to the U.S.

I have dealt with them several times, though not in over a year or so. Have 5 saiga 12 magwell magazines from them. Received good pricing and service from them.

Very good people to do business with.

im from nz and i have bought several things from them, they are our biggest gun shop and will provide prompt and good service. unfortunatly they charge like wounded bulls.(have a browse on the website). with the USD exchange rate the prices may be a little more acceptable to you. funny thing is i shop in the US to cut out middle men like gun city.

• Like 1

I wanted to buy a Saiga12 magwell and a couple more magwell mags, but I just got an e-mail from them telling me I have to have import papers for them to sell any products that will be shipped to the U.S.

I sent an an e-mail to Robert Johnson after that, asking if he will import the stuff I want for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if Robert will do it or not? I wish they would just put it in a box and ship it like the other guy does. My buddy is over in Norway at his girlfiends, so I also sent him a text to see if he can get what I need and bring it back with him.

Ok ARMOR I got a answer for you. You CAN use the VEPR magwell mags with your Saiga 12 LRBHO with a magwell or in a Saiga 030 and it will work. You can also take the VEPR mag follower out and put it in your Rock-N-Lock saiga mag and it will operate you Saiga LRBHO. BUT to make it work in the R-N-L mag body you will have to file a notch in the top-inside-back of the mag body to allow the follower to rize up all the way. If you compare the mag that came with your gun with a NON-LRBHO mag you will see what I mean. There is also two little tabs on the bottom of the VEPR follower that will also need to be removed.

NOTE: My factory 8rd Rock-N-Lock LRBHO mags came from the factory with a modified VEPR follower. Look at the sides of your follower and if there are sanding marks then yours is the same thing. Hope this helps if you need pics I will dig the camera out let me know.

Also if you hav not got a magwell yet try to find a oversized VEPR magwell it is alot stronger plus it is metal and it is flared I got lucky when I found mine.

post-21226-0-09599900-1325744739_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Shit, I didn't know you could even buy Vepr magwells! Okay, can you give me any idea were to start looking for one? I converted my shotgun today. Just need a side folding stock and Titan handguard to finish it.

I wanted to buy a Saiga12 magwell and a couple more magwell mags, but I just got an e-mail from them telling me I have to have import papers for them to sell any products that will be shipped to the U.S.

I sent an an e-mail to Robert Johnson after that, asking if he will import the stuff I want for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if Robert will do it or not? I wish they would just put it in a box and ship it like the other guy does. My buddy is over in Norway at his girlfiends, so I also sent him a text to see if he can get what I need and bring it back with him.

Same here. they would not work with me

As for the VEPR mags Rusmilitary.com and for the magwell keep looking on here, theakforum.net or Gunbroker they show up from time to time. You could also try to email Rusmilitary and see if he can find a magwell for you.

Ok ARMOR I got a answer for you. You CAN use the VEPR magwell mags with your Saiga 12 LRBHO with a magwell or in a Saiga 030 and it will work. You can also take the VEPR mag follower out and put it in your Rock-N-Lock saiga mag and it will operate you Saiga LRBHO. BUT to make it work in the R-N-L mag body you will have to file a notch in the top-inside-back of the mag body to allow the follower to rize up all the way. If you compare the mag that came with your gun with a NON-LRBHO mag you will see what I mean. There is also two little tabs on the bottom of the VEPR follower that will also need to be removed.

NOTE: My factory 8rd Rock-N-Lock LRBHO mags came from the factory with a modified VEPR follower. Look at the sides of your follower and if there are sanding marks then yours is the same thing. Hope this helps if you need pics I will dig the camera out let me know.

Also if you hav not got a magwell yet try to find a oversized VEPR magwell it is alot stronger plus it is metal and it is flared I got lucky when I found mine.

post-21226-0-09599900-1325744739_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm? I think I'd have better luck trying to piss against the wind than finding Vepr followers. Hell, I can't even track down Vepr or Russian Saiga 12 magwell at this time. I may have to leave the magwell stock for now. I talked to Cobra one time and he showed me how to mod standard mags to work in the LRBHO guns, but do you think I can frick'n find it now? Shit man I've looked. I hate to bug him about the same thing twice. Have you seen these instruction, or better yet, saved them???

P.S.

I would like to see the pics of your mag mods though.

Edited by ARMOR

SCHULTZE, I found Cobra's post about mag mods and I think that's what I'll do for now. I have also been playing with a PROMAG drum and think I may have came up with something new to make the factory LRBHO work with a drum. I need to have another solid roller follower made, attach it to the top follower so it doesn't rotate (like C and S Metall Werkes did on the old 9mm drum followers) and mill a very small flat spot on the back of the new follower at the same depth as the back of the mag for the LRBHO lever to make contact, but being careful not to cut it no further forward than the hawks beak itself, so the rim of the shell doesn't catch on it. Maybe a slight bevel to make sure the round never does catch the milled edge on the new follower. I noticed on the Promag drum, it has rails casted into the back of the drum to pust the round forward at the top, so The hawks beak won't catch on the last round either. Don't know about the MD20 drums? I don't think I've seen anyone think of something like this for a drum yet? I know Cobra was all over this stuff at one time, but the factory LRBHO was never a big hit. Maybe when someone makes a drum for the new magwell guns that will be coming into the country, they may try out this idea. The LRBHO on them are the same as the rock-n-lock guns. For right now, it's going to have to wait. My wife is in a Very bad mood and I'm putting away my gun projects till things cool down around here.

Edited by ARMOR
  • 1 month later...