Need help with post conversion problem

is the bolt actually getting stuck or just hanging up, what does it do when you pull it all the way back and release it?

It actually seems to be the bolt carrier that is coming in contact with the hammer. You can see an area where the finish is been worn off of both of them from the contact. I purchased a modified trigger group thinking it would be "plug & play" so to speak, but that doesn't appear to be the case. It was purchased through a site sponsor, do I contact them or just modify my hammer more myself?

is the bolt actually getting stuck or just hanging up, what does it do when you pull it all the way back and release it?

If you can pull the bolt all the way rearward and release, and it flies into battery, but if you let it down slow and it hangs up, this is normal for a non-profiled gun. You would have to profile to remove friction to get it to stop riding on the hammer.

If pulling all the way back and releasing does not work, you still have larger issues.

It will return to battery 1 out of 5 times. The other times, it stops completely to the rear or makes it about halfway thru the cycling process (the latter being the most common). The bolt then requires a medium rap on the bolt lever to unstick the bolt and continue forward.

Don't baby it. Violently hand cycle that sucker about 200 times to help break it in.

I have been but I've seen a significant increase in finish wear and no real improvement in cycling

Take the bolt out of the carrier and see if that cycles.

Is the trigger square on its axis? Probably not the issue, just a idea.

Pushing the hammer back by hand does it rotate and set without much friction?

Hammer locks back with little effort. Will take bolt out & try that.

Edited by threebag6

Don't baby it. Violently hand cycle that sucker about 200 times to help break it in.

I have been but I've seen a significant increase in finish wear and no real improvement in cycling

Take the bolt out of the carrier and see if that cycles.

Is the trigger square on its axis? Probably not the issue, just a idea.

Pushing the hammer back by hand does it rotate and set without much friction?

Hammer locks back with little effort. Will take bolt out & try that.

Put the Russian hammer back in it. Does that make the problem better or worse?

You WILL see wear in the finish, that's supposed to happen (actually the gun works wonderfully without the finish there at all).

If the Russian hammer gets rid of the problem, you need to profile the Tapco hammer to fit YOUR gun, Tromix can't profile them to work perfectly in every gun since S-12s are like snowflakes but deadlier and more bad-ass.super_man.gif

I use a Dremel with the cable attachment (think dentist's drill), and a polishing bit at about 15,000 RPM. It looks like a stone but it's actually a grit-impregnated rubber bit. I use it because there is NO WAY IN HELL that you can go too far with it. You'd have to spend quite a while to take too much material off.

Once you get the hang of that, you'll probably want to visit the "How do I polish my bolt?" thread (it's in the stickies up top). I wouldn't worry about taking too much metal off the bolt either if you've ever seen any of Cobra's bolts you'll know that there's plenty of steel there... Just remember that IF you decide to start polishing, don't touch the locking lugs, they are the pieces of steel that hang out the furthest from the bolt, one of them is fed into a channel in the bolt carrier and the other automatically feeds into a channel in the barrel hood in the receiver. You may remove paint from these areas but do not re-profile anything. Once again, this is why I use the bit that I use when I polish things up, it simply takes too long to take material off so if you slip a couple of times it's no big deal.

If you don't want to do any of this, and trust me, no one will judge you if you don't, then you still have a few options. Pauly, C&S, Cobra, or any of the other business members on this forum that offer re-profiling and polishing.

If you don't want to do THAT, just keep the Russian hammer in it, honestly, it's one part against you on 922r, it'll give you a reason to tell the wife why you need that bad-ass American-made muzzle brake...haha.gif

"Like snowflakes but deadlier and more bad ass" awsome.

Anyways, shot in the dark, but is the trigger guard a bolt on? Do you maybe have a screw loose or something hitting the hammer and keeping it from depressing the whole way during cycling?

Another random idea... Is the hammer spring pinched between the pseudo bushing sleeve thing and receiver possibly causing some undue friction? Trying to take the most random problems i could think of out pf the equation.

Well if I were to guess,I would say that your safety isn't fully disengaged, which is obvious on the first and second pic. That will definately hinder your ability to get the shotgun to function properly. There is a reason you have a safety stop installed on that trigger guard.............use it.

Edited by incognito485