Michelle Obama rejects claims of backroom conflict at White House

Frack, don't remind me.

There was this guy I knew in the Navy. 14 or 16 years service, E6. Dumb as a fence post. I don't mean that as a way of saying slow on the uptake. I mean a literal hazard to the safety of the ship and crew who had to be supervised on anything more complicated than cleaning to make sure he didn't screw it up, and needed to be supervised while cleaning to make sure he didn't break anything.

This guy got permanently banned from the King's Bay gym for throwing a loaded olympic bar across the room, where it hit the wall before falling to the floor. That's right, he could throw 200+lbs across the room.

We all wanted to know, "Chief, why is this guy still in the Navy?"

The answer made me file an EEO complaint. "We can't kick him out, he's Black."

The color of your skin has NO FUCKING BEARING on your competence. You don't get to ask for better treatment just because your great-great grandpappy got sold to a bunch of white folks by his own tribe.

• Like 1

The color of your skin has NO FUCKING BEARING on your competence. You don't get to ask for better treatment just because your great-great grandpappy got sold to a bunch of white folks by his own tribe.

I agree with you 100% on this statement. However, my point is not that minorities should be asking for better treatment, but they should be asking for equal treatment, and right now, they're not receiving that. I'm not sure how we got from the OPs extremely disrespectful rant about the First Lady to a discussion about competence.

I agree with you 100% on this statement. However, my point is not that minorities should be asking for better treatment, but they should be asking for equal treatment, and right now, they're not receiving that. I'm not sure how we got from the OPs extremely disrespectful rant about the First Lady to a discussion about competence.

And I'd still like to know one example of a law that gives caucasians and advantage over other minorites, or one that detracts and advantage from the blacks. What kind of lesser treatment are minorities receiving? Care to give an example thats exclusively minority based? Bet you can't.

Never liked Mr.Obama and I certainly NEVER like the Mrs. either...

http://www.guardian....ict-white-house

I noticed that you do not live in the United States of America and I also do not know if you hold dual citizenship. What I do know is that instead of posting an article from the UK that insults many Americans, you should worry about the leaders of your own Country. Was your goal in posting this article, from a foreign country, to promote division among our citizens? Also noticed you have been a member of this site since 2009 and have yet to pony up at least $5 to support it. In my humble opinion if you choose not to support this site, and have nothing positive or helpful to offer, then you should stay on the sidelines until you do.

And I'd still like to know one example of a law that gives caucasians and advantage over other minorites, or one that detracts and advantage from the blacks. What kind of lesser treatment are minorities receiving? Care to give an example thats exclusively minority based? Bet you can't.

Who said anything about laws? I'm talking about institutional racism as seen in situations such as minorities (not just African Americans) being pulled over by the police for no apparent reason other than 'Driving While Brown', families being denied access to housing because of the color of their skin, African American voters in Philly being called up and told that if they go to vote while having outstanding parking tickets, they'll be arrested, legal residents in Arizona being pulled over and detained simply because of their Latin American ancestry (thanks, Jan Brewer!), the fact that Rick Perry didn't think there was anything wrong with having a hunting camp called "Niggerhead" (until it became a national story) or even the attacks on John McCain in South Carolina in 2000 in which voters were called and told that McCain had an African American child out of wedlock. If you don't believe me, Google it. Hell, the KKK wasn't a legal organization (unlike Jim Crow, which were 'legal' laws), but they were sure as shit evidence of institutional racism in this country.

Are things better than they were even 10 years ago? By and large, yes, but to say that everything is perfect in the USA is disingenuous.

Edited by Donkeyshins
  • Like 1

I noticed that you do not live in the United States of America and I also do not know if you hold dual citizenship. What I do know is that instead of posting an article from the UK that insults many Americans, you should worry about the leaders of your own Country. Was your goal in posting this article, from a foreign country, to promote division among our citizens? Also noticed you have been a member of this site since 2009 and have yet to pony up at least $5 to support it. In my humble opinion if you choose not to support this site, and have nothing positive or helpful to offer, then you should stay on the sidelines until you do.

get off your high fucking horse, i dont care if you contributed $500 to the site, what the fuck do you have positive and helpful to offer other than going around pissing your pants over where the link is from

• Like 1

Who said anything about laws? I'm talking about institutional racism as seen in situations such as minorities (not just African Americans) being pulled over by the police for no apparent reason other than 'Driving While Brown', families being denied access to housing because of the color of their skin, African American voters in Philly being called up and told that if they go to vote while having outstanding parking tickets, they'll be arrested, legal residents in Arizona being pulled over and detained simply because of their Latin American ancestry (thanks, Jan Brewer!), the fact that Rick Perry didn't think there was anything wrong with having a hunting camp called "Niggerhead" (until it became a national story) or even the attacks on John McCain in South Carolina in 2000 in which voters were called and told that McCain had an African American child out of wedlock. If you don't believe me, Google it. Hell, the KKK wasn't a legal organization (unlike Jim Crow, which were 'legal' laws), but they were sure as shit evidence of institutional racism in this country.

Are things better than they were even 10 years ago? By and large, yes, but to say that everything is perfect in the USA is disingenuous.

I guess thats why I have to pay for my daughter to go to college, provide proof of insurance before a hospital will treat me etc because its so equal. You are too funny.

• Like 4

get off your high fucking horse, i dont care if you contributed $500 to the site, what the fuck do you have positive and helpful to offer other than going around pissing your pants over where the link is from

Can't afford the $5 either huh? Look at all my posts and you will see that I am either asking for or offering help. Do you kiss your kids with that mouth?

Can't afford the $5 either huh? Look at all my posts and you will see that I am either asking for or offering help. Do you kiss your kids with that mouth?

Hammer I owe you an apology. I felt bad after using harsh words that you really do not deserve. I was angry after reading your response and responded before calming down. This thread has turned political and therefore has become very unfriendly. You have helped me in the past with requests for help and I thank you for that. We may not agree on all ideals and principles, but I would be proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with you in defending our Country. Please accept my apology.

I guess thats why I have to pay for my daughter to go to college, provide proof of insurance before a hospital will treat me etc because its so equal. You are too funny.

Actually, it is illegal for a hospital to refuse to treat someone with a life-threatening emergency if they don't have proof of insurance. If you are talking about non-life-threatening hospital visits, then yes, you have to provide proof of insurance / ability to pay. And before you start making an ignorant comment about race and insurance, the percentages of non-caucasian uninsured is disproportionately high when compared to actual percentage of the population sample (2005 data), so you're more likely to be fucked health-insurance-wise if you are a minority. Likewise, scholarship money disproportionately goes to caucasian students as well.

So how equal is it?

Actually, it is illegal for a hospital to refuse to treat someone with a life-threatening emergency if they don't have proof of insurance. If you are talking about non-life-threatening hospital visits, then yes, you have to provide proof of insurance / ability to pay. And before you start making an ignorant comment about race and insurance, the percentages of non-caucasian uninsured is disproportionately high when compared to actual percentage of the population sample (2005 data), so you're more likely to be fucked health-insurance-wise if you are a minority. Likewise, scholarship money disproportionately goes to caucasian students as well.

So how equal is it?

There are inequalities. There will always be inequalities. There are also anti-discrimination laws, and government entitites to provide protection against discrimination, as well as enforce anti-discrimination laws (the EEOC and Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity come to mind). While I appreciate your passion about inequality in this country. I urge you to turn the emotion down a notch, and acknowledge that laws already exist as remedies and protections from many of the problems you've mentioned. I also caution you to not assume that just because there is a "problem", that it is somehow government's role to find a "solution". To continually complain about what we don't have, often diminishes the inroads that we as a people have made.

I don't know what your race or ethnicity is (not an issue for me), but as a minority (myself) you really sound like many of the left-leaning kids who always talked about "black plight" when I was growing up. They championed what they thought were "our" causes, wore "our" clothes, listened to "our" music, and slummed in "our" neighborhoods. When they were finished Adventure Slumming, they always went back to their comfortable, cloistered, suburban existences - having felt better about themselves, and sympathetic towards their "brothers" in the hood.

I have grown to distrust people who continually play race politics; especially at the expense of people like myself who have learned to think as an individual, and take ownership of my own problems and failures in life. Do I think everything in this country is perfect regarding race? Hell no. Take a look around. We are more divided now than we were 10 years ago. I just choose not to dwell on it on a daily basis. I deal with bigotry often (sometimes on this forum). Where you and I differ, is that I have neither the time nor inclination to look for that boogeyman. Bigots will be bigots - They have that right. I can either choose to be bothered by them, or fucking ignore them.

Af far as the President and First Lady? What I hoped to see in the White House was someone who resembled me, who held my same love for this country and its people, and would work to unite us as Americans. I do not see that in our current president or his wife.

I can either beg someone to bring the change, or I can CHOOSE to be the change. I choose the second.

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 5

So how equal is it?

There are inequalities. There will always be inequalities. There are also anti-discrimination laws, and government entitites to provide protection against discrimination, as well as enforce anti-discrimination laws (the EEOC and Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity come to mind). While I appreciate your passion about inequality in this country. I urge you to turn the emotion down a notch, and acknowledge that laws already exist as remedies and protections from many of the problems you've mentioned. I also caution you to not assume that just because there is a "problem", that it is somehow government's role to find a "solution". To continually complain about what we don't have, often diminishes the inroads that we as a people have made.

I don't know what your race or ethnicity is (not an issue for me), but as a minority (myself) you really sound like many of the left-leaning kids who always talked about "black plight" when I was growing up. They championed what they thought were "our" causes, wore "our" clothes, listened to "our" music, and slummed in "our" neighborhoods. When they were finished Adventure Slumming, they always went back to their comfortable, cloistered, suburban existences - having felt better about themselves, and sympathetic towards their "brothers" in the hood.

I have grown to distrust people who continually play race politics; especially at the expense of people like myself who have learned to think as an individual, and take ownership of my own problems and failures in life. Do I think everything in this country is perfect regarding race? Hell no. Take a look around. We are more divided now than we were 10 years ago. I just choose not to dwell on it on a daily basis. I deal with bigotry often (sometimes on this forum). Where you and I differ, is that I have neither the time nor inclination to look for that boogeyman. Bigots will be bigots - They have that right. I can either choose to be bothered by them, or fucking ignore them.

Af far as the President and First Lady? What I hoped to see in the White House was someone who resembled me, who held my same love for this country and its people, and would work to unite us as Americans. I do not see that in our current president or his wife.

I can either beg someone to bring the change, or I can CHOOSE to be the change. I choose the second.

I appreciate this, Kevin. Perhaps I should be a little more like you and choose to ignore the bigots. Thanks.

So how equal is it?

Wanna feel inequal...ask a white person standind in a welfare line if they felt they were greated and treated equally. I've known a few who have and as a child, I stood next to my mother in one living in LA.

Oh and institutionalized racism? You mean like being unable to question the motives or actions of somebody of any race a shade darker than your own, or risk becoming a social out cast? The blade cuts both ways man.

The first family, does not have the American peoples best intrest in mind. And the last thing our country needs is to be seen as having a leader, or leaders family leaning on any crutch. We're the weakest as a country as we've been in 100 years... it's time we drop the petty shit look at the big picture.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1