I have for sale Czech surplus ammo from 1953. I have cut a bullet apart and guarantee this is steel core. It comes loaded on 8rd stripper clips, with 5 clips/box(40rds/box). I fired a box of this ammo out of my CZ-52 and all rounds fired. Three rounds had to be run a second time(it may be the gun as the gun is new to me, came with this ammo), that being said, I beleive it was originally sub-gun ammo, as evidenced by stripper clips, so the primer does seem to be slightly harder than other ammo. The ammo did not seem to be any "hotter" than other surplus ammo.

The only other price I could find on this was on Gun Broker, listed at $1/round, my ammo is exactly as pictured in that listing, I AM NOT THE PERSON WHO MADE THAT LISTING,

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=266800545

I am asking $32 for each box of 40 plus actual shipping. Currently 10++ boxes available although cross posted

I will need to verify age of buyer

IF YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BUY THIS DON"T ASK ME TO SELL IT TO YOU, I WILL CHECK

post-35031-0-38377100-1327028696_thumb.jpg

Looks like the core was pinched pretty easily, perhaps with pliers, can you cut through it with a pair of dykes?

Tough crowdrolleyes.gif I don't know what to say to your comment, when I was removing the core, I gripped with my pliers right where the notch was cut and it did not bend!

I tried to cut it in half with the tool in the picture, used both hands, I'm not Chuck Norris, but I have been single a long time, I was only able to make a very small dent, too small to show up in a picture. How about this, I'll call NASA tomorrow and see if they can test it in outer space for you.

I have been as honest as I possibly can with my description and pics, please don't imply things that make me look dishonest. Read the GB listing and maybe contact that guy it appears he did some testing of his own.

post-35031-0-95586800-1327041091_thumb.jpg

Edited by HOG76

I have been as honest as I possibly can with my description and pics, please don't imply things that make me look dishonest.

I'm sorry you are a bit sensitive, I was not implying anything, it was a question. Good luck with your sale.

Edited by bigj480

Is it corrosive ?

I am pretty sure it is corrosive, I treat it as if it is. I have just assumed that since it is surplus from the early 50's it must be. Someday I am going to reload some of this in brass.

I have been as honest as I possibly can with my description and pics, please don't imply things that make me look dishonest.

I'm sorry you are a bit sensitive, I was not implying anything, it was a question. Good luck with your sale.

No big deal, I just was frustrated that I stated that the core didn't bend and you said it looked like it bent easily.

It's definitely corrosive.

I hope you don't take the questions offensively. It is all too common for steel-jacketed ammunition to be mistaken for steel-core, and there was absolutely no intent to imply that you might be misleading anyone. Clearly you are selling legit steel-core ammo.

Some of the rounds required a second strike because the primers used in 50s Czech ammunition were stupidly hard. I bought a ton of this stuff when it was still cheap, mostly normal lead-core FMJ, a few boxes of steel-core. Definitely delivers considerable felt recoil compared to Yugoslavian, Romanian and Polish surplus. That's a fun find - good luck with your sale!

Edited by Shandlanos

It's definitely corrosive.

I hope you don't take the questions offensively. It is all too common for steel-jacketed ammunition to be mistaken for steel-core, and there was absolutely no intent to imply that you might be misleading anyone. Clearly you are selling legit steel-core ammo.

Some of the rounds required a second strike because the primers used in 50s Czech ammunition were stupidly hard. I bought a ton of this stuff when it was still cheap, mostly normal lead-core FMJ, a few boxes of steel-core. Definitely delivers considerable felt recoil compared to Yugoslavian, Romanian and Polish surplus. That's a fun find - good luck with your sale!

I only took offense to the one comment, I recently bought some ammo that someone said was steel core and it turned out to be steel jacket, I completely understand the questions.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.