Pin removal problem s308

So I'm a Saiga newbie of the highest and am doing my homework before i start hacking and drilling. And in my observation of all the videos/pics. Everyone has rivets in their fcg and i notice on my I don't have rivets. Mine are flat metal and don't look like rivets, just look like pins. I've tried punching them out and that worked like getting kicked in the crotch. So I'm wonder if anyone else has had this problem. FYI it's imported by EAA and was made in 05/11. So am i doomed before I even begin or can someone help?

Interesting , so do I still need to drill out the trigger guard? Or is there a different place that I cut on the receiver for the new trigger? or what? I haven't found any info specifically for 308 that's what has me confused. Who would you recommend for 308 parts?

I just started converting my Saiga 308 22" barrel rifle I just got. I am just a few steps ahead of you, but it seems the 308 is a bit different then other rifles. I've converted two Saiga 12's already. The way the original shitty 308 FCG is there is no rivets holding them in place. You won't have to worry about plugging up any holes at least. Just use a small flat head screwdriver and remove the shepard's crook on the scope rail side of the rifle, then the river holding the trigger comes out. Are you planning on reusing the old trigger guard? Either way, you have to take off the metal plate to access the new trigger hole and grip hole. Just a forewarning, I was suprised to find that right infront of the grip hole it seems they spot welded the plate to the receiver in two spots. I just cut the plate as much as i could to that point then grinded the rest off.

Interesting , so do I still need to drill out the trigger guard? Or is there a different place that I cut on the receiver for the new trigger? or what? I haven't found any info specifically for 308 that's what has me confused. Who would you recommend for 308 parts?

Yes there are a couple of rivets holding the klinton plate on and I think about 3 spot welds. I just ground down the spot welds with a dremel until I could break the plate off then file the remaining part flush. You could drill them too but I didn't want extra holes. The hole for the real AK trigger is already there underneath the klinton plate. You don't have to cut anything.

There are several sponsors here that sell parts. I went with Dinzag but there are others too. I liked that his FCG parts are already modded for the 308 to function properly, plus it came with cobalt drill bits (use cobalt bits, russian rivets will eat up standard bits like popcorn).

yummy pop corn. I plan on going with the fancy 2 stage trigger and am going to polish the hell out of the hammer and sear. And I'd really like to find an all polished bolt american made of course. but no luck so far. My only real complaint is getting the metal sights off. I want to install and over the dust cover rail system But it takes the place of the iron sight hole to put it in. And I'm not sure how to remove it. It's stuck in there really well. And short of cutting it out. I'm at a loss as to how to get it off.