Adjusting Krebs front sight

Tanks arot Barrnett. Will try tomrrow as I have begun my nightly liver damaging routine and want to be of sound mind when touching my Saiga.

Proper tool for the job makes it sooooo much easier, and less chance of unintended consequences.

Sight tools are inexpensive.

I think CSS has one for about $10 but wanted to sight it in this weekend for some 50 yard slug shootin'.

I don't know what Barnett is referring to, gouging & galling, not like your using the needle nose as a punch to adjust windage on a standard AK sight?

The needle nose will work to grip and turn the FS post, you'll need another tool to depress the set pin as you turn the post.

You'll want a third hand too wink.png

I can push the set pin all the way down but the sight will not move. Purchased a Tapco HK sight adjustment tool but it is too big for the Krebs sight post. The sights are 2 feet high at 50 yards right out of the box.

I can push the set pin all the way down but the sight will not move. Purchased a Tapco HK sight adjustment tool but it is too big for the Krebs sight post. The sights are 2 feet high at 50 yards right out of the box.

The sight tool you would want is one for an AR-15/M16A2 like this one http://www.tapco.com/products/ar/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=111

I don't know what Barnett is referring to, gouging & galling, not like your using the needle nose as a punch to adjust windage on a standard AK sight?

The needle nose will work to grip and turn the FS post, you'll need another tool to depress the set pin as you turn the post.

You'll want a third hand too wink.png

The site post is soft steel and when you grab it with harder needle nose plier's it will leave groove marks in the post. I did it with mine and I could not believe how soft the post was.

Sorry to hijack, but has anyone used a HiViz AR/M4 sight in the Krebs sight??

I switch mine out with xs 24/7 big dot, I like it alot, but I also like shooting slug's too and been wanting to try xs 24/7 strip site post but just never got one yet.

Havok is correct in stating that the sight post is softer metal than pliers. Tried needle nose pliers but stopped after seeing small metal shavings on the post. Krebs verified that the standard A2 sight tool would be needed and also want me to contact them again if I have any problems. Stand up people over at Krebs, IMHO.