Trigger questions

Okay I read the conversion instructions and I couldnt find anything on these.

I have a G2 trigger group.

1. Can I reuse the HAMMER that came with my Saiga 12? I noticed that the factory hammer has one of the "bars" on its head cut off...while the G2 has both.

2. Does the cylindrical sleeve go over the HAMMER pin....or the TRIGGER pin?

SaigaK.... This person?? has to be a silly person??? Lots of silly posts to obvious answered pre-posts. WHY bother??? The only answer is.... A good group of Saiga owners. I have rambled on a couple of times. BUT have "posted" only working solutions /or/ try-it's. All the "stuff" I have learned about the Saiga's has come from this site. I enjoy "tinkering" and will try to HELP. Wondering.... is this a child playing/ does/ this person OWN a Saiga... ??????mikey1

Edited by mikey1

I read the conversion detailsover and over. I cant see jack shit in the pictures for the trigger or hammer! Photoshop the picture so I can actully see what and where to cut! How does the saying go....a picture is worth a thousand words!

Dividing the conversion into sections will also be helpful....so when people are looking for somthing specific they wont have to read through the whole damn thing again!

Im not going to do something without knowing 100% im doing it right.....if I do it wrong its going cost me another 20 or 30 dollars and delay me another week or two.

Cute mikey1.

Edited by SaigaK
Okay  I read the conversion instructions and I couldnt find anything on these.

I have a G2 trigger group.

1.  Can I reuse the HAMMER that came with my Saiga 12?  I noticed that the factory hammer has one of the "bars" on its head cut off...while the G2 has both.

2.  Does the cylindrical sleeve go over the HAMMER pin....or the TRIGGER pin?

You obviously didn't read the very first line in the 1st tutorial you should have read if you had any sense. :killer:

Let me get it for you...hold out your hand...steady...ok HERE!

USMC LB

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 125

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU DRILL & CUT YOUR SAIGA ! ! !

yeh, i havent done a s12 conversion (its illegal to do in facist NY state), but ive read USMCLB's post, and pinned it, as it is QUITE thorough. I can probably do one of them with my eyes closed, after reading about everybody's troubles and easy solutions here.

i know its difficult to sift through all the information here, which is why that tutorial was pinned by myself in the first place in the faqs section. sorry if its difficult to search up EXCATLY what you need.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU DRILL & CUT YOUR SAIGA ! ! !

Did that. Too bad I dont have a photographic memory, and often have to go back and read through the whole thing again to find a specific answere to a question I have...if its even there.

I asked a question here about measurments....I got an answere which turned out to be wrong. Yall get mad at me for asking for information and when I finally get the information it turns out to be wrong. Who should be mad at who!!!

Always

Measure TWICE...Cut ONCE.

'Cause it's a hellova lot easier to remove metal, than it is to put it back on.

Sounds kind of cliche' no?

You can't blame the experts on this board for your mistakes!

What helped me is having a SAR-1 to look at before and during the conversion.

If you have an AKM clone for reference, the conversion is in the bag.

Edited by piggsy
You can't blame the experts on this board for your mistakes!

I measured more than twice...try around 10 times. I made sure my measurments were absolutly perfect. the square hole I cut is almost a PERFECT square.

I was given the wrong measurments.....I didnt make the mistake. But it turns out the measurement error probably wasnt enough to cause a problem.

SaigaK,

OK. I take it you have the grip nut hole cut and have fitted the nut. I think you will find that just about any grip you choose with maybe the exception of Century Arms cheapy $6 unit will cover the "excessive" hole. So from a cosmetic standpoint you should be fine unless you were off center which is not likely.

You can cover the hole from the inside or leave it as it will not impact function. Chalk it up to learning. If you become as hooked as most guys you will be searching out a second Saiga and will be able to convert it in a dark room without drawings or advice from others. In fact the Saiga rifles almost all have the grip nut hole prepunched and are covered by the steel plate you remove during the conversion process. The shotties do not have this AK like feature and therefore you have to measure and cut as I did on my .410 and you did with your S-12.

The guys on this forum are all pretty helpful but some have more experience than others. Cobra is a good guy and knows what he is doing. He owns a bunch of Saigas and even more mags. He has shot with other forum members and had some out to his place when they were in his hometown. I have always found him to be a straight shooter and helpful when asked.

I know you were frustrated and asked a number of questions but it is as much about how you ask for help as it is asking for help. Coming out of the chute making negative comments when you are not finding the answers you are looking for generally doesn't buy much help in any situation. I think you will find the guys on this forum knowledgeable and helpful if you approach them as you would like to be approached.

One of the others guys commented in so many words as to say "don't piss in the pool, you're going to need to swim in it". He's right. I doubt that you will find anyplace else where you will find better information, solutions to problems, and sources for parts (including mags from Russia) than here.

So let's try to start over. Hopefully you can mend fences with Cobra. As for the others here if you treat them with respect and courtesy most everyone here will do the same with you.

Wolverine