POSP vs traditional scope...160$ difference

So, I am finally into the x39 game. Fully converted, yadda...

I have never owned a rifle previously, so can somebody explain to me if this

POSP 4x24 Rifle Scope w/ 400 Meter Rangefinder, Mil Spec, Grey Finish, 1.5V AA battery, AK Version

located on a non forum vendor web site is actually worth the money at $230 considering that this

Saiga Scope Package With 3x9x40 Scope, Mount and Rings

Simmons 8 Point 3x9x40 Variable Power Scope

is only 70 bucks. Also on another non forum vendor website.

Whats the big advantage with the POSP taking batteries? Ok so it has an "illuminated reticle" I don't really beleive that helps with shots at night per se...but more likely to help with shots in lower light conditions? No idea here.

I just dont need some input folks.

Is the POSP worth the money versus a conventional no batteries scope and why?

Thanks a million.

Through the power of Google, I have divined that you found the "Saiga Scope Package" at Classic Arms. Along with the nice, clear glass and rugged construction of POSPs that others have mentioned, the Leapers scope mount included in the Saiga Scope Package sits quite high above the comb. POSPs have some ergonomic nuances as well, but given the height of the mount and the included rings, it would seem even more uncomfortable to use that other package.

I acutally have one of those Leapers mounts somewhere, and I wanted to do a side-by-side comparison, but I can't find the stupid thing. Still, I recall that switching to a 4x POSP from a 4x32 scope in some low rings was an improvement.

i dont know if you have taken this into consideration, but if you have a converted saiga, it would depend on what type and length of buttstock as to which scope you can use. the eye relief of the simmons scope is probably 3.75" while a POSP is around 2.75". I have a PO 3x9x40 scope i found on ebay and imported from Belarus for 25$. it has a 2.75" eye releif and at 9x, a warsaw buttstock was just a bit to short to get a comfortable picture. Switched it to a Nato length and it is fine now. I think the simmons or barska's longer eye releif would just not do for a converted rifle. Also there is a lot of material weight on the UTG w rings compared to the integrated POSP mount.