time to finish my old saiga and convert the front end and pretty it up. Got a black laminate stock set from timber smith and the saiga-ak lower retainer. also ordered the 5 inch fake suppressor because i found threads under the shroud so this is gonna look pretty bad ass!

aaaaaaand threads!

post-32560-0-21918600-1328247111_thumb.jpg

post-32560-0-68792300-1328247202_thumb.jpg

When was your rifle manufactured? I have an '09 and have been putting off threading the barrel. Just wondering if I already have threads under the barrel cover like you have..

Its a coin toss, you can have every feature that points to a milspec threaded barrel... And not be threaded.

Only way to tell is to cut the shroud off.

I had every qualifying feature and had them... Yes!

yup! 2009 with dimples and threads and no step chamber, i could actually see the threads lurking under the shroud so i sliced it up like a mexican prostitute! Dr thunder88, i wasn't a huge fan of fake cans either but the new ones at Apex are pretty neat looking and i wanted to do something a bit different with this one. I already got my lower hg retainer in the mail, 2 days!! Now to wait impatiently for other goodies.....