MD Arms drum too wide?

Hey guys ,

Ive not asked many questions on this forum because most have been easy fixes. I just bought my first MD Arms 20 rd drum and unpack it and to my dismay the darn thing wont even fit in the magwell of my unmodified saiga 12. (except for gas puck for 922). All the SGM and factory mags fit with no problems. To be clear im not talking about the "A" and "B" fittings that Mike covers in the video on his web site. The feed tower to drum is simply to wide to even fit in the gun much less worry about it being able to lock in. I asked this question here because questions usually come quickly. Thanks for your time and I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else but I couldnt find it. (My plan is to LIGHTLY file on the sides of polymer on the feed tower as it seems to be where it hangs up) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Marc

• 1 month later...

Hey guys ,

Ive not asked many questions on this forum because most have been easy fixes. I just bought my first MD Arms 20 rd drum and unpack it and to my dismay the darn thing wont even fit in the magwell of my unmodified saiga 12. (except for gas puck for 922). All the SGM and factory mags fit with no problems. To be clear im not talking about the "A" and "B" fittings that Mike covers in the video on his web site. The feed tower to drum is simply to wide to even fit in the gun much less worry about it being able to lock in. I asked this question here because questions usually come quickly. Thanks for your time and I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else but I couldnt find it. (My plan is to LIGHTLY file on the sides of polymer on the feed tower as it seems to be where it hangs up) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Marc

Yeah I had the same problem, I had to file that surface too to get into fit into the bottom of the receiver...

It's just the nature of the beast that these guns are manufactured with varying degrees of tolerance. I'm sure that's why Mike designed the drums so that they would be a little tight on the guns with the narrower mag ports so that there wouldn't be too much slop on ones that were a little wide. The good thing about your situation is that with just a bit of filing you can make yours fit perfectly.

• Like 1