what do you think of the burris eliminator?

I have been doing some shopping for a scope to put on my LWRC R.E.P.R. .308

one of the scopes I have been considering is the Burris Eliminator laser riflescope. it has a built in laser range finder and seems like it would be a perfect addition to my gun.

has anyone here tried one out? I would love to get some feed back to help me decide if i should pick one up or not.

It is a cool setup for hunting out to 500 yards, but a cheap $200 rangefinder and $200 scope will do the same thing but making you add one more item carry.

That said, I would spend a few bucks more on a Nightforce if you plan on shooting out to the effective range of the rifle (900+/-). They are amazing, consistent and hold their value well. I have owned lots of mid-tier scopes and the Nightforce is far superior in features and clarity.

I have a Bushnell Elite 1500 rangefinder and it will consistently range past 1,000 yards when held steady. You have to have a really nice top tier rangefinder to easily and consistently range past 400 yards. This will likely cost $350+ and I would do my research before plunking down the money.

Check out JBM Ballistics to run some trajectory charts for your loads and you'll see there is more than just bullet drop to deal with.

Nothing compares to having a proper ballistics table and the proper gear if shooting at distance.

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

One word, Mildot.

What he said, plus alot of time practicing your mil-dot math.

I once thought these were an interesting item so the next time I went to the gun shop I asked to see one. They weigh in at almost two pounds, the glass is only ok and the salesman said that he wouldn't buy one after his experiance with it on semi snowy days during deer season (kept giving him the wrong distance). He also said he really didn't like it at low light (evening) because everything would "blur together".

It's an LWRC R.E.P.R fella........get her what she deserves! For that amount of money you could pick up a nice trijicon or IOR mil-dot and be set for many years to come.

One word, Mildot.

What he said, plus alot of time practicing your mil-dot math.

I once thought these were an interesting item so the next time I went to the gun shop I asked to see one. They weigh in at almost two pounds, the glass is only ok and the salesman said that he wouldn't buy one after his experiance with it on semi snowy days during deer season (kept giving him the wrong distance). He also said he really didn't like it at low light (evening) because everything would "blur together".

It's an LWRC R.E.P.R fella........get her what she deserves! For that amount of money you could pick up a nice trijicon or IOR mil-dot and be set for many years to come.

I will look into those, thanks