IZH-332 Questions and observations

Just picked up one of the new IZH-332 that has the front end converted at the Izhmash factory. I've heard that dimpled receivers are hit and miss. I've done quite a few conversion on standard Saiga's and here are my observations and a couple questions. Looks to be older receivers. Mine has a flat trunnion and no dimples.unhappy.gif All the others I've had were either threaded 14x1 or not threaded at all under the shroud. This one appears to be 24x1 (?). The thread cover was easy to remove. Four welds were taken care of with the Dremel and a few taps with a punch took it off. Rest of the parts should be here any day.

This is an easy way to get a full converted Saiga, if you can't do the front end yourself.

Out of the box:

LEGIZH-332.jpg

Front trunnion:

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing! This would have been my next purchase, but because the gas block doesn't have required lug to make it accurate to the current line of Factory Saiga Front Ends, I decided my attention to detail wouldn't allow me to be content with it.

FWIW, that is the front end all Saigas should come with if they can't import the correct FSB/GB/RSB...

Thanks for sharing! This would have been my next purchase, but because the gas block doesn't have required lug to make it accurate to the current line of Factory Saiga Front Ends, I decided my attention to detail wouldn't allow me to be content with it.

FWIW, that is the front end all Saigas should come with if they can't import the correct FSB/GB/RSB...

But then they cant charge extra for it! =P

I have a 332 as well, i like it.

• 1 month later...