Recomend Me a Sling for my Conversion

Ah-ha! After much searching for a standard AK sling that wasn't an overpriced Arsenal Bulgarian, I found the "European Style" sling in stock at KeepShooting.com. It runs $7 and the estimated shipping to me is about $3. I don't know where all the cheap AK slings went. They must've been bought up.

Nothing like the real thing, especially for $25 shipped (and would look great with your furniture).

http://www.akfiles.c...ad.php?t=100154

I've already spent way too much money on this damn rifle. I'm thinking like 10 bucks shipped! haha.gif

But another 15 and you get one that will last and you can count on! (Of course I got mine for 20....)

saiga.jpg

Edited by Stoned_Oli

Maybe get some paracord from army surplus or something and rig up one, or if you got a Wal-mart nearby you can get one of those $6.00 spongy slings if you don't care about it not looking right on an AK, but really the surplus slings everyone is mentioning above are hard to beat both for durability and looks, well worth the extra money in my opinion. I just recently outfitted all my Saigas with the surplus slings, and they are great, no regrets, lol. Sometimes it is better to spend a little money on stuff that is decent quality than to try to cut corners and save, just to have to replace it sooner because it didn't work out or last.

Edited by TJohn

Polish AKM sling from APEX - $12. I've ordered three of them. They all are like-new, very comfortable, easily adjustable, and 99% identical to issued Russian slings. They just don't have the Russian markings on them. Your Saiga is hardly 100% Russian any more, so who cares?

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_86/products_id/550

Para cord and duffle bag strap FTW. The strap makes it adjustable. And is actually long enough to use as a sling on its own if I need the para cord to hog tie insurgents, or make a hammoc, or a tripwire, or a knife lanyard with skulls on it and shit. Becuse I'm so damned high speed.

d1270253.jpg