First scope mount. Need a little help

Recently bough a scope rail and scope and rings.

Any help you guys can give would be killer.

Simple question. I cannot a adjust the scope low enough to meet the bore-laser mark on the wall 30 feet away. I removed and re installed everything thinking the mount wasn't on tight, or rings weren't tight or SOMETHING. I re installed the bore laser in case it what sitting it the chamber weird. Nothing helps. My scope sight cross hairs are still about 1-2 inches ABOVE the bore-laser mark at 30 feet.

This is the side mount. Scope is cheap Barska.

UTG MNT973 AK47 Side Mount with Double Rails

41XnQMPLv1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I dont care for the side mount, I made mine from a 12" section of rail.

Flipped the rear sight leaf, drilled and taped the leaf, mounted the rail to that.

Then drilled the tang, drilled and taped a piece of steel between the rail and the tang to mount the rear of the rail.

post-37682-0-24343900-1332502820_thumb.jpg

Edited by RED333

I would try shooting it first. The mount puts the scope up high so there is a lot of distance to the bore.

I start at 25 yards. Fire one shot at the mark. Then clamp the rifle down in a rifle vise I got at WalMart. Set it up so that the crosshairs are on the original mark. Then adjust the crosshairs over the bullet hole. Take the rifle out of the vise and fire one more shot to see if its is close. Then move to 50 yards and check if needs adjustment. Then on to 100 yards. Saves a bit of ammo and time.

How tall are your rings? Can you just switch to a lower style set? And why zero your scope at 30'?

Like I said this is the first time I've put a scope on a rifle. I appreciate the comments to help me do it right.

My only thought was that before I take it to the range I wanted to see how close the cross hairs would be to where the bullet would hit according to the bore-laser. Before adjusting, the cross hairs were several inches above the laser spot. At 30 ft, I figured when I got to the range and fired it at 50 yards it would way off.

I have the iron sights pretty well dialed in. (It was shooting about 6-8 inches to the right at 100 yards from the factory.

Maybe I'll try to sight in the target with iron sights in a shooting vise, then TRY to install the scope without moving the rifle and see where the cross hairs point. Unfortunately I can't see the irons once the scope is on...

Using these low profile rings:

AccuShot Premium 1-Inch Weaver Style See-Thru 10mm Low-Profile Rings

41KFBvDJsHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg