Okay, so I just picked up this .223 mag in a trade and the rear of the follower keeps tilting back and causing the rounds to point up. The bolt won't grab a round. It will on the first round if I make sure it's not tilted but then won't pick up anymore.

I thought the guy said it's Bulgarian, though it doesn't look like my other Bulgys.

How can I correct this problem? Is there something I can stick to the follower to keep it from tilting back?

Here are some pics next to the Saiga mag if it helps.

I know mags are a dead horse, but this isn't about modding it to fit the rifle.

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

Edited by Pyzik

It is an Arsenal .223 magazine. It looks like the follower body isn't large enough to prevent it from tilting. Maybe see if you can get your hands on some other .223 followers to use in it - possibly from Beryl or Circle 10 magazine. K-Var may stock followers if you really want to use the lo-cap mag. I think most Arsenal buyers go straight to hi-cap mags, so I'm not surprised if these have some unreported problems.

Thanks for the tip on the spring, I am the one that flipped it. It wouldn't feed right so I flipped the spring to see if that would help and didn't and I didn't flip it back. So I know that's not the issue.

Also thanks on the tip that it's an Arsenal, I had to look up the logo but that's what it is.

I like the low cap mags for the range, makes it easier to rest the rifle on things.

I will check K-var for the followers.

Well, bend the top coil of the spring to see if it will hold the follower up.

Make a wedge to hold the follower up.

Extend the read of the follower to make it longer, might not get as many rounds in.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...