DAMNIT Team Saiga....

Well, I had trap leagues this morning... Of course, I was using my trusty ol Saiga 20 gauge...

My first round I got off to a BAD start... the birds were starting in shadow, then quickly moving into the light, due to the positions of the trees along the edge of the trap range...

Needless to say it took me a few to get used to what to look for as it was quite a trick on the eyes to get them to begin with...

My first round I only shot a horrid 19 out of 25... :eek::unsure:

My second round however... Well, TEAM SAIGA performed!

Perfect score!!!! 25/25 MY FIRST ONE TOO!! :up: :up:

Of course, once the *rookie* gets his first perfect score, the rest of the squad gets to shoot his hat! GO FIGURE... now my hat is all shot up... looks like.... I dunno... JUST all SHOT TO HELL... LOL

If it werent my FAVORITE hat... It wouldnt bug me.. but DAMNIT...:D

GO Team Saiga!!!!

:smoke:

This almost belongs in the S12 section, but as its ME... and my thread and were talking about trap shooting, I will just add it here instead.

Yestersay was the trap league picnic. And of course, there are trap games that we play for a buck a person per round, 5 people per game... winner takes the money.

We have games like 16 yard shoot, quail walk, wipe your eye, and annie oakley. ALL rather fun...

I had to step up from the S20 to the S12, just due to the ranges we were shooting, I wanted more lead and more pattern, as well as more speed... hey.. theres money to be won on the line THIS TIME... not just a score...

Needless to say... I won 5 of the many matches I participated in... I probably did about 12-15 games. so I won close to 30-40% of the contests I was in.

I shot with some of the best shooters on my team in wipe your eye, and then against the same in a different round of the same game, and whooped up BOTH times I played wipe your eye! A buck a man, two men on a team, 5 teams... Yeah buddy... I felt like Team Saiga couldnt lose!

I truly came out ahead, as I spent... oh lets just say 15 bucks, on 15 games, and won 5 of them!!!so I made 10 bucks in the games. All told, if you looked at the winners consistently, as there were games going nonstop from 10:30 am till 1 pm, then from about 2:30 pm till 5 pm... I would say I rated within the top 10 shooters there PERIOD...Needless to say... that has me proud as punch!

The S12 performed flawlessly, I was shooting winchester 2 3/4" shells, size 8 shot, 3 dram Eq. 1 1/8th ounce loads. on the heavy load setting they all ejected without incident...

I spent ten bucks on the shell raffle... meaning I got 15 tickets... 4 of which won me a box of shells... I got 3 boxes of wolf 12 gauge size 8's, and a box of RIO the same stuff... nothing heavy... this is trap league, remember?!??!

Ya know WOLF shotgun shells are MAID IN SPAIN!?!?!?!? WTF!!! well, so is the RIO, too... go figure... anyways...

Wolf WOULD NOT EJECT from the S12 on magnum setting... wouldnt even STOVEPIPE... I thought the shell ejected... and I go to insert another shell, cause you can only have one in at time of fire, on the line... and HOLY SHIT... the empty case was still there in the chamber... WTF?!?!?

I put the wolf away and went quickly back to the winchester... I DID NOT win the round I played with wolf!!! :(

All in all it was a blast!!! I would do it again in a heartbeat... I brought 40 bucks with me, played a lot of games, ate till I was stuffed, bought two trap league t shirts, won 4 boxes of shells... and still left with 15 bucks in my pocket! How could ya go wrong?!?!?

Ok... "16 yard" is just like a standard trap 16 yard shoot, 5 guys pay up, line up at the 5 stations, only the shooters take 1 shot at each station, instead of 5...just like a single station in a 25 round of trap... winner take all... if there is a tie, the first guy PICKS A SPOT to shoot from, anywhere he wants.. *ANYWHERE*... the rest must shoot from that exact spot too.. can be anywhere around the trap house, standing, sitting, laying down prone... facing the other way, then turning after yelling pull, whatever... ( thats where the fun of this game comes in, cause usually you have 3-5 people in the shoot off... ) the shoot off is sudden death.. you miss you are done.. unless EVERYONE MISSES, then it goes to the next guy to choose a spot, and it goes on all over again, till only one guy makes the shot...

"wipe your eye" is played like 5 stations, but with teams, at from 20-27 yards...

place a marker of some sort at the 5 distant stations, and the teams are placed at those spots, one on each side of the marker. BOTH guys get ready to shoot, and the one on the left calls for a bird first... if he shoots and hits, its a hit... if he shoots and misses, the other guy must hit it for it to be a hit... if they BOTH MISS its a loss... BUT... if the first guy breaks it, and the second guy shoots... its a LOSS!! Then it goes thru the 5 stations... then it starts again, with the SECOND guy calling for the bird, same deal.. he shoots, and the first guy waits to see whether he breaks it or not... and will shoot if he does not, but shouldnt if he does. This game is played like a standard 5 station, as once both people on a team have called for a bird, they rotate the stations, like normal, and do it all over again, for all 5 stations. So each team shoots at each of the 5 stations. winning team has the most broken birds...and each player pays a buck a man, or whatever...winners take all, money split between the winning two on a team.

If there is a tie, for the shoot off, they just repeat the 5 stations... sudden death as above with the 16 yard game...

for "quail walk", you line up 5 people, a buck a person, to one side of a 5 stand trap station, and the first guy walks along the paved 5 station curve watching the trap house... gun at a field carry position... the scorekeeper will release a bird randomly at any point along that path... and the walker needs to stop, mount, and hit the bird... you get 5 tries, so 5 shells per person... winner has the highest score, winner take all the cash... ties are a shoot off, winners continuing until only one is left, as above... sudden death..

ENJOY the games!!!