1st Range Visit....Finally!!

Well, it's been 4 months since I bought my first Saiga and I had not gotten a chance to take her out and play. Just been sitting in the safe. Finally got a chance to go to my buddy's cabin this weekend where we could unleash the Russian beast.

I'm happy to report I had an awesome time, and put 75 rounds of cheap Federal and Remington Target/Game load through it without a hiccup. Fed perfectly. Wish I brought more shotgun ammo but oh well.

About the only thing I did was when I initially got it, I ran a paperclip through the gas holes and cleared some crud/grease outta there. Then in the safe she went. Was really worried I was going to have to do work to get it to run properly, but seems like I've gotten a good one out of the box.

Hopefully it doesn't take this long to get the chance to shoot it again! :)

-Happy Saiga owner

I'm so sorry. Now every other shotgun you touch will be boring (except maybe the adkal?)

Also congratulations on being smart enough to test your gun before ordering parts!

Congrats. It really is an awesome gun.

I was one of the lucky ones that got one that ran everything straight out of the box too :D

I don't know how you waited that long before going out and shooting it. Just the couple days I waited after getting mine about drove me nuts...

GunFun- I was only partially smart...ordered a conversion kit the week I bought my gun, but wanted to test it out before I did the conversion. I think it was more laziness then anything because I've definitely had plenty of time to convert it :P

Mr. Crowley- I was reallllllllll anxious to shoot it...it didn't help that I live about 5 minutes from a state game land rifle and pistol range, but alas...no shotshells....probably another long wait. WHY DIDN'T I BRING MORE AMMO TO THE CABIN!!!! lol