Hey guys this is my first post. First off I want to thank everyone for all of the information. I just did the conversion on my Saiga and wouldn't have been able to do so with out all the great threads and how to's. You guys rock! Second off after trying to file down my mag catch in order to fit "Standard Ak mags" A 30 round mag locked in..... But wont allow me to relase it. The release seems very tight, and I do not want to force it forward... Anyone run into this problem? Or any hints tips or tricks. I do not want to force my gun to do something she doesnt want to. But I will if I have to.

You just need to file a tiny bit more probably. Just muscle up on the latch it will come off.

/\ /\ this

I do not want to force my gun to do something she doesnt want to. But I will if I have to.

It's ok she is a tough chick and likes it rough and dirty

That would be fine im sure. Or try and get a piece of wood behind it and pry it a little or tap it with somthing.(and by tap it I mean pound it with a hammer...jk but ya you can be a little rough with it)

If you have some of the really big channel locks you can probably wrap around the magazine and latch then get more leverage.

How did you get it in there that tight by the way?

I was being very stingy with my filing. I wanted it to fit tight... But Wow not that tight. I put a little force pushing the magizine in and herd a solid lock... Only she wont unlock! Give me a few I am going to try and force it out with out actually bending the release trigger with a pair of channels.

That was great Dad2142Dad... Sorry it took so long... Good news the magazine is out... bad news the relase is bent, not horribly. but it is bent...

The release is a pretty stout piece of metal. Post a pic if you can please.

Ya I don't see how you could bend the release if it was filed enough to get the mag to lock in the first place. If you didn't file enough the mag wouldn't lock in becuase the release would be caught on the tab on your mag. Something doesn't add up here

I had this same problem happen to me. I used a brass punch on the release and gave it a good hit with a hammer. I was able to get the magazine out and did more filing. I got the magazine stuck a few more times because I was going slow with the filing, but after the first I was always able to use hand pressure to release it.