So I drilled out my ports today. They were way smaller than 3/32. It was pretty easy though. The bit follows the old hole for the most part. Getting my gas block off was a pain in the ass... Any secret tips for putting it back on? BTW I decided not to do the "D" mod. The pattern on the barrel showed all 3 were un-obscured.

The above tips are good. also, lubricate, and if it is rough, smooth the area covered by the gas block with some 400 grit sand paper. Not to remove material, just to polish. Fold and tear a strip and whip it back and forth like plumber's tape for a minute or so.

Use soft metal or wood to pad the gas block. This should go without saying, but so far I have seen at least 3 guys who have dinged up their gas block by hammering on it directly or the threads by hammering on the gas plug.

also when you get to the last 3/8" or so, check each time you whack it with the hammer to make sure the gas tube is seated correctly. You don't want to beat it home and find you had the tube misaligned.

When you get it home, check your scribe line to make sure you end up with the sights and pin holes in the same place.

Every round is STILL FTE with low brass. Bolt only makes it halfway to the rear. Recocks the hammer but no ejection or feeding. Anyone know where I can get some pictures on shaping my hammer? The bolt carrier seems to get snagged up but I don't want to take of too much or something that I shouldnt.

So I drilled out my ports today. They were way smaller than 3/32. It was pretty easy though. The bit follows the old hole for the most part. Getting my gas block off was a pain in the ass... Any secret tips for putting it back on? BTW I decided not to do the "D" mod. The pattern on the barrel showed all 3 were un-obscured.

The above tips are good. also, lubricate, and if it is rough, smooth the area covered by the gas block with some 400 grit sand paper. Not to remove material, just to polish. Fold and tear a strip and whip it back and forth like plumber's tape for a minute or so.

Use soft metal or wood to pad the gas block. This should go without saying, but so far I have seen at least 3 guys who have dinged up their gas block by hammering on it directly or the threads by hammering on the gas plug.

also when you get to the last 3/8" or so, check each time you whack it with the hammer to make sure the gas tube is seated correctly. You don't want to beat it home and find you had the tube misaligned.

When you get it home, check your scribe line to make sure you end up with the sights and pin holes in the same place.

I dinged my threads doing the gas block like an idiot. My threads are fixed now though, but it was expensive.

Everyone learns somewhere. I learned that you still need to clamp down your jig on a final pass with the saw, when I was modifying my OEM grip for a rail. Epoxy is not pretty.

Had my first range session after the conversion i had some FTE issues but i dont know if it was from lack of oil ( we cleaned the gun with some glass cleaner to get the metal shavings out and forgot to lube again) or my finger is hitting the BHO while the gun is recoiling. Has anyone had the finger issue im gonna try to run a few rounds through it now its oiled and see if it was lack of lube or the finger.