Should this pin be loose?

I posted this in the tech section, but after seeing no replies maybe it'll get some more attention over here.

I was cleaning my IZ340, and noticed the small pin in the front sight block, responsible for retaining the muzzle brake detent and spring was loose, and easily slide in and out rather easily.

Should this be loose? Is something holding it in, or do I need to fix it?

Many thanks

MGIB

it wont fall out so long as you leave it be. it will move a bit one way or the other fairly easy. but the last one i took out i needed a punch for the full removal.

Edited by Captain Hero

the detent pin spring should aid in keeping the pin from falling out. a little play is normal. i wouldnt worry about it so long as its not falling out on its own. of course if your worried about it, then you could opt to replace it. or just mash it a little on the side that has the hollowed out portion of the pin.

• 1 month later...

I lost mine this weekend... the plunger "spring detent pin" and spring are gone, leaving me with only the plunger (brake detent pin). Other FSBs seem to use a two-piece detent rather than this three-piece.

Edited by Shankspony

I lost mine this weekend... the plunger "spring detent pin" and spring are gone, leaving me with only the plunger (brake detent pin). Other FSBs seem to use a two-piece detent rather than this three-piece.

you can get replacements from several vendors here on the forum for cheap. what you could do is throw some loctite on it or super glue help keep the new ones in. they only come out one way. (at least on russian ones). i mushroomed the side of mine to help it stay in better with a punch.