Cheers guys for the trip advice. Did 4 days in the MGM and visited the Las vagas gun store. It was good but American Shooter in Vagas was much better for ammo prices ect.. Then drove to Santa monica visiting a range on route. Califonia gun laws are quite strange though? LA was a bit of an eyey opener. Went for a walk to find a bar about 11.30 and a police officer stopped and told me I really shouldnt be walking arround that area at night as tourists get eaten for breakfast ? (He has obviously never been to liverpool). However he was kind enough to give me a lift to a bar. Caught a Lakers game that was pretty cool and had a tip to Newhall to Oak Tree gun range, Superb service and nice outdoor range. After that drove to san diego for a bit then over to palm desert and back to vegas. Spent all my cash in Bass shop pro and Planet hollywood. Cant wait to go back smile.png

RGS

Chris

Edited by chrismetallica1
  • Like 1

It was great. The only down side was mid holiday the wife ate a burger at wendys and got food poisoning.The MGM called her a paramedic who insisted we went to hospital. A 4 hour trip cost us $6000 up front and we are waiting for the bill from the lab for blood tests and a doctors fee. However we are insured so will get it back. Dont know how you guys go on with the medical bills over there. They dont bill at all in the UK as you pay national insurance via your pay so all medical bills are free except perscriptions that are £7.20 each (about $11) or if you need regular perscriptions you can pay a yearly one off fee of £95 ($154) and all your perscriptions are included no matterhow many you need. Cant wait to go back I would love to live in th US the weather is great and the laws are so much better than the UK

LoL . I know nothing is free. I pay £128 a month out of my pay for National insurance. I did the main full auto guns. I have shot Uzi's, MP5's and Glock 18's before (In the US and other places. I also work for an RFD (Registerd firearms dealer). This time I just did AK47, M16, Kriss super V ( Which would beat the MP5 Hands down if they got the extraction issues right). After that I did the Thompson, M3 submachine gun, Mac 10, Mac 11, M 60 and a FN P90. I mostly spent all my cash on pistol shooting as in the UK we are limited to 12" barrels on pilstols. I did a Smith & Wesson 686, Kimber pro shop 1911, Glock 17, USP 45, Browning buckmark, Springfield Armory XD .40, Taurus .22 revolver, kahr .p380, xd 9mm, Kimber 1911 9mm and a suppressed 1911 in 45 acp. You guys have strange laws on suppressed guns. Here in the UK we just send our FAC (Firearms Certifacate) In to the local PD and ask for moderators and they just send it back and we but them. If its for an Air gun no paperwork is required at all. Plus boady armour isnt restricted at all in the UK. I noticed in the stores I went in in the US an military or police purchase order was required

(PS Sossry if the spelling is bad been up for 26 hours now)

• Like 1

Our healthcare is the best in the world. Private! I had a $16,000 surgery and it was covered under insurance. Aflac also paid me a few grand for loss of income from work. I had state of the art surgery and was back at work 100% recovered in three weeks. I would have been out of work and a lot less healthy now if this happened to me in Canada, the UK or under Obamacare after it fully developed.

Glad you enjoyed our firearms and also happy to hear you carried travelers insurance similar to the coverage I purchase while traveling abroad.

Come again!

• Like 1

Our healthcare is the best in the world. Private! I had a $16,000 surgery and it was covered under insurance. Aflac also paid me a few grand for loss of income from work. I had state of the art surgery and was back at work 100% recovered in three weeks. I would have been out of work and a lot less healthy now if this happened to me in Canada, the UK or under Obamacare after it fully developed.

Glad you enjoyed our firearms and also happy to hear you carried travelers insurance similar to the coverage I purchase while traveling abroad.

Come again!

I will be back, If I can pursuade the wife I would open a store in the US and live there. Im only 30 and sure health insurance wouldnt be an issue. Just need to work on the wife to move :) What is Obamacare? I was speaking to some US marines outside the Leatherneck club Las vegas and they mentioned a proposal called Obama care but didnt go int to it too much. Is is like UK national insurnace via pay (pre pay cheque?)

For the most part, the body armor stuff isn't law - it's idiotic manufacturers or shop owners making up rules. Only time armor is federally restricted is if the tech is classified.

Come again!

I will be back, If I can pursuade the wife I would open a store in the US and live there. Im only 30 and sure health insurance wouldnt be an issue. Just need to work on the wife to move smile.png What is Obamacare? I was speaking to some US marines outside the Leatherneck club Las vegas and they mentioned a proposal called Obama care but didnt go int to it too much. Is is like UK national insurnace via pay (pre pay cheque?)

far worse. 000.gif

glad you had fun man. did you make it to the bunny ranch? cool.png

You mean the chicken ranch? No we got in a taxi and the driver suggested it or another club he was on about called Red rooster. The wife wasnt too impressed :/ Mabe I can work on that for next time ? NOT >>> I dont think the wife would let me survive

• Like 1

glad you had fun man. did you make it to the bunny ranch? cool.png

You mean the chicken ranch? No we got in a taxi and the driver suggested it or another club he was on about called Red rooster. The wife wasnt too impressed :/ Mabe I can work on that for next time ? NOT >>> I dont think the wife would let me survive

most wives dont like it! haha.gif glad you had fun brother.

The bunny ranch is a famous whorehouse.

shhhhh. dont spoil it! big_smile.gif

i wish you luck chris. im not sure on how that goes in england, but i know its not easy. glad you had fun in the states. pass on the good times and encourage others to get their asses here and visit the bunny ranch! 000.gif

i wish you luck chris. im not sure on how that goes in england, but i know its not easy. glad you had fun in the states. pass on the good times and encourage others to get their asses here and visit the bunny ranch! 000.gif

Its a load of hoops paperwork . We are restricted to 24" overall legnth firearms and no semi auto other than .22 rimfire. (Unless you have home office export paperwork for section 5 weapons. Think you guys call them class 2 and class 3 in the US) Presonally im more of a collector so when I do open a store Im going to go down the old military rifles (lee Enfields, Negants, Tigers ect...and section 5 for dispatch and section 7 collectors pistol route. Basically guns with proven military histiry for export and section 7 permit meeting historic requirement . Just need to do my time as an agent first.

The law here has changed drastically in 1987 with the ban or semi auto rifles other than .22 rimfire and 1997 pistol ban

that does suck chris. lots of bullshit. but at least your trying the legal way. im not a fan of what your government has done to you guys in the past, but i respect your apporoach on doing so. and the guns you speak of have a great signifigance in history. i myself would love to have a nice original remington US 1917 30-06 enfield but not gunna happen. i cant float the price tag at the moment.

Same here mate. I have a rare Lee Enfield made from the Fazakerley plant 2 miles from my home ( Long gone now though ). I have all the paperwork from it. Originally it was made for export to south african forces . However after that made its way to afganistan. After that it was purchased by a US dealer and shipped to USA before being sold at auction and making its way back to the UK. (2 miles from the old factory). Its in a little rough condition but I cant bare to re-blue it or sand it down due to the history. A nice collectors rifle and shoots as good as the day it was made

Some of my best vacations have been the Vegas/Southern California tour. You have the glitter of Vegas, the solitutude of the dessert, incredible weather, and the craziness of So Cal all in one region. Vegas and the LA areas are really just sideshows for me though. It's being in the dessert that I enjoy the most.

• Like 1