Canted front sight, suggestions?

I just picked up my new Saiga 223 from my FFL today that I purchased from Buds. The rifle looks great, but when I got it home and did a closer inspection, I noticed the FSB is canted between 5-10 degrees to the right, probably more near 5. I am disappointed, but it isn't a show stopper. I already emailed the importer to see what they could do for me. But, I was also thinking about just cutting the FSB/sleeve assembly off the rifle (if it isn't too hard a task) and putting on the ACE clamp on front sight instead. I know it shortens the sight radius quite a bit, but I won't be using this rifle for anything beyond 100 yds anyhow. Anyone have experience with this sight, or, is there another alternative that would be applicable here? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

TG

I would put a Bulgy 74 FSB on it, those are threaded and have a bayo lug. As far as never using it for anything beyond 100yds, that is like trying to predict the future, you just never know. Hopefully, you never really need to use the rifle for anything other than fun, but nobody knows what the future may hold.

Bummer, but like stated above, the easiest thing to do would be to add a Bulgarian AK-74 FSB. You can adjust it to perfect center before pinning. As a plus, you then can also use the very effective AK-74 brake. Depending on where you get the parts, this could run you $75-100. It was a lot easier when the Bulgarian AK-74 kits were around $100 and you could get an entire gun worth of parts for a conversion.

I don't trust a clamp-on sight to not lose zero if hit with a hard enough jolt. Some of the clamp-on sights are set up so that the barrel can be notched and a set screw used to anchor through this notch.. At this point you might as well have just installed the correct pinned FSB.

Hmmm. I guess if I don't get a response from the importer, (most likely won't or at the least will get an unfavorable answer), I will do the AK74 FSB/brake. Looks like I can do it myself with some patience and steady hands. I think that will be the best option. Thanks guys.

TG