ok another conversion question

so i got my conversion all done but when i pull the bolt back the hammer lock into the disconnecter and gets stuck inthere...hammer will not fire from this position when trigger is pulled

any ideas? i got the single hook G2 FCG

edit: i can fire my first shot but then it locks up like i said before...i tried to just slap some oil on the bolt but that didn't help....anyone??

Edited by Unlucky

I had this same problem on a G2 double hook, ther was some excess metal on the front of the trigger between the two hooks (where they meet the trigger itself) instead of being flush, there was a small "tab" that stuck out, and bound up on the trigger hole in the bottom of the reciever.

I simply removed it with a dremel.

also check to make sure the "hooks" on hammer spring are in the proper place, if they arent on those little rails, it wont release the hammer properly.

Edited by SaigaShooter
I had this same problem on a G2 double hook, ther was some excess metal on the front of the trigger between the two hooks (where they meet the trigger itself) instead of being flush, there was a small "tab" that stuck out, and bound up on the trigger hole in the bottom of the reciever.

I simply removed it with a dremel.

also check to make sure the "hooks" on hammer spring are in the proper place, if they arent on those little rails, it wont release the hammer properly.

i don't understand how that would make the hammer get caught in the disconnecter....i have no idea what the disconnecter is for though either....

I knew I should have taken pics of this when it happened!!

the disconnector grabs the hammer if you are still holding the trigger down after the next round has been chambered. this keeps the rifle from going full auto. as yuo release the trigger, the hammerslides out from under the disconnector, and is then grabbed by the trigger hook.

That "tab" that hits the hole in the receiver is preventing the trigger from going all the way into the un fired position. this prevents the disconnector from releasing the hammer to get caught by the trigger hook. I'll see if i can make a video to show you how it should work.

Ok, this is the internals of the gun, as if you have just fired a shot, and didn't let go of the trigger, the disconnector is grabing the hammer, and the hook isn't doing anything yet.

akguts3jc.th.jpg

here is a video of the proper function. we are assuming the shooter has just fired a shot, and didn't let go of the trigger, the disconnector is grabing the hammer, and the hook isn't doing anything yet. the first thing that will happen is that the shooter releases the trigger, this is when the disconnector lets go, and the hook grabs the hammer, the next step is the gun is fired.

http://media.putfile.com/P101038833 (requires quicktime)

Edited by SaigaShooter
Ok, this is the internals of the gun, as if you have just fired a shot, and didn't let go of the trigger, the disconnector is grabing the hammer, and the hook isn't doing anything yet.

akguts3jc.th.jpg

here is a video of the proper function. we are assuming the shooter has just fired a shot, and didn't let go of the trigger, the disconnector is grabing the hammer, and the hook isn't doing anything yet. the first thing that will happen is that the shooter releases the trigger, this is when the disconnector lets go, and the hook grabs the hammer, the next step is the gun is fired.

http://media.putfile.com/P101038833 (requires quicktime)

thanks a lot man, you were totally right, there was a too much metal on one of the bottom corners of the trigger piece...i did a quick grind job and it works perfectly now....thanks for all the help...now i just gotta figure out how to press off the site and gas black