How much would you pay for a S 12 Bolt & Bolt Carrier?

Hey everyone, I was asking this question to see how many people would buy these partsif a company started producing them. Maybe it will be justification for someone to go all in on producing some extra US made parts for Saiga 12 owners, like the Bolt, and Bolt Carrier for the S12 . So, what would be your price on a Bolt, and Bolt Carrier. How much would it be worth to you to revive your beast if these parts break, bust, or watever?

I would assume you would have to base it on what a S12 whole would cost......

Lets say $599

so to me that would mean roughly

barrel-$100

bolt-$100

carrier-$100

receiver-$100

rear trunnion/tang-$20

gas block -$50

gas tube-$20

rear sight block -$50

FCG-$30

Trigger guard-$20

Rivets-???? $20 not sure how much rivet sets cost

piston/puck-$20-30

not sure if im forgetting anything

im sure if these were mass produced the costs might go down.

If they were commercially available, they'd be more affordable than what's left of the imported ones from a few years back. I recently sold an S12 carrier with dust cover for $300.00 (no bolt).

Extractors, plungers, springs, firing pins, mag catch assemblies...not only for the S 12 but all the Saiga models including rifles and stuff. Lots of us have tried having stuff made...the problem is numbers and dollars and limited production.

I would pay $35 for an extractor, $25 for a firing pin, $100 for a COMPLETE headspaced bolt and $100 for the complete carrier with piston. Good luck. HB of CJ (old coot) (scrowl down this forum section for prior discussions)

I'd be interested in a carrier that had heavier specs than the OEM part, that won't crack at the op-rod joint.

An exact OEM copy, maybe not so much unless my original OEM part broke in a non-fixable way.

I could see around $200 as fair for an improved HD (guaranteed) part.

Edited by Spartacus

Hold the phone......R and R Targets said last week and I spoke with them again on Monday, they have carriers inbound for testing and then bolts will follow. We didn't linger too long on subject but I left the conversation with the feeling that it wouldn't be more than a month or so when they come to market.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I was asking this question to see how many people would buy these partsif a company started producing them. Maybe it will be justification for someone to go all in on producing some extra US made parts for Saiga 12 owners, like the Bolt, and Bolt Carrier for the S12 . So, what would be your price on a Bolt, and Bolt Carrier. How much would it be worth to you to revive your beast if these parts break, bust, or watever?

only if they made spare trunnions!!