Team Saiga Vs West Point

West Point has a three gun team? News to me but it seems that they do. So what do you think Team Saiga do we want to Beat Army of course this will be an away game but sounds like fun!!! I should see if I can get permissive orders and go shoot this one.

:lolol: Here is the site

http://www.usma.edu/dmi/3-gun_match.htm

Go Team Saiga beat Army!!!

Edited by topmaul
West Point has a three gun team? News to me but it seems that they do. So what do you think Team Saiga do we want to Beat Army of course this will be an away game but sounds like fun!!! I should see if I can get permissive orders and go shoot this one.

:lolol: Here is the site

http://www.usma.edu/dmi/3-gun_match.htm

Go Team Saiga beat Army!!!

Man, I would love to kick some ass there! Unfortunately, I'm going to the USPSA 3-Gun Nationals in Vegas that same weekend. It does not surprise me that West Point has a shooting team. A couple of years ago someone invited the Naval Academy tactical shooting team to one of our local 3-gun events at Black Creek. I noted that at that time Sig had supplied them with the latest Sig P226 tactical pistols and altogether they were not bad shots.

RonSwin

well, seeing how NY doesnt recognise shit for pistol permits outside of NY, i would expect it to be mostly all NYers going that arent police.

its too bad im not in competition yet or I would go....it isnt that far from me. maybe next year.

I was looking to go to the 3gun in Oxford, but I have to work that weekend. So I'm going to go ahead and plan to make it to the 3gun there in November. I have a friend interested in learning the ropes of competition too, so I'm bringin' him along. I'm still going to try to make it to the tac-match in Norfolk on the 22nd tho. Let me know if anything changes on this match please. Thanks! Hopefully I'll see ya there.

i pretty much want to go to be able to blow the living hell out of the ranges. its how i shoot anyway, let someone else set the targets up for me is how i see it.

hey, does anyone know if you are responsible for missing sections of wall and or target stands? :)

Bvamp,

It might be worth while for you just go check it out, did you get that link I sent you regarding NY matches?

Question, would NY authorities be upset for me if I had a 9mm pistol and high cap mags along with my AR which is all stock with many high cap mags, and of course my Saiga with evil eight round mags and a PG.

ok, ill make it fast.

preban mags are ok. preban collapsers are ok. post ban hi caps are not ok. no high caps allowed in state that post ban and not marked LEO. if it is marked LEO, you have to be LEO.

saiga 12 with 8 round and PG == prohibited firearm in NY. assault weapon, techincally, but here they consider it the same as a prohibited gun.

yeh, your 9mm pistol mags not marked LEO are not ok. you would need preban mags. contrary to popular belief, preban hi caps ARE LEGAL to bring into NY state if they are not LEO marked.

your pistol needs a NY permit i believe. they recognise shit for out of state permits. no temporary permits so far as I know.

so, you would go to prison for about uh....2 years per felony? that would be about 50 years. nice huh?

that is excatly why I would love to attend and blow the living hell out of the range. i wouldnt TRY to cut it apart, but i wouldnt be worried about my score or the extra 3 rounds per target i fire. im not in the army. 800 rounds is better than 8 where i come from.

I was considering going but no way now. I was trying to figure ways to re-schedule my work and budget a way to make it work but there is no way I would risk prison for a hobby.

Thanks for letting me know and some of my 9mm mags are marked LEO. May be being in the Coast Guard I could talk my way out of that one but that Saiga well I don't think there is any way I could talk my way out of prison with that evel looking shotgun.

Thanks

John

Edited by topmaul

I have preban hi caps for my Glock 17 and they're not marked LEO. What gives? One has what looks like a badge number ingraved on the side but that's it. When I bought it it was a rebuilt police weapon with new barrel, slide, and serial number and came with two 17 rd mags. Do I need to be worried about crossing state lines with it? I heard Va has some pretty F'd up gun laws. Hell you can't even drive thru there with a radar detector. :killer:

even better. forgot to mention this one.

if you were to come to NY, enter a competition, and borrow a pistol from someone there, you are breaking the law. in this facist state, yes, you can go to jail for letting someone HANDLE or SHOOT your pistol that does not have your pistol on THIER permit. so you cant borrow one from a local. you might have grace on your pistol and rifle with its mags due to being in the coast guard, but like you said, the PG saiga is a no-no here. you can borrow mine if you like, but you can only clip 5 rounders in it. I might go down there anyway to watch the pukes shoot all careful and precise like. I still want to know if im responsible for course damage. remember, i cut firewood with a gun.

cobra: LEO marked mags are only prohibited in states with hi cap laws. also, leo markings were done during the AWB. I am not precisely sure, but i dont believe LEO markings were on hi cap mags or guns before then.

I'd bet if you go you'll want to shoot in the next one. Sounds like New York has oppressive gun control laws. I can not function in such a place. I turned down orders to a job that I would love far more than the one I have now, because it was in California. And I did not want to deal with the gun laws there.

didnt know that one. you still cant bring post ban hi caps into the state though. so a competitor would need the old mags IF they exist for said gun....otherwise why bother? you cant compete with low cap mags unless you can somehow change mags faster than the eye can see.

I'm not going to risk it, too much to lose. Maybe we can get them to come down to Norfolk and shoot in one of our tactical shotgun matches. I'd like to see as many of you as possible next time OCT 22 ncrr.net check it out.

Edited by fullchoke