Gas puc blow-by

Sounds good. Guess I'm being OCD.

Just cleaned it after last outing with two types of Winchester. Super X and Universal.

Virtually no residue compared to Federal left in the gas block.

I'm taking Winchester to the range from now on.

Sounds good. Guess I'm being OCD.

Just cleaned it after last outing with two types of Winchester. Super X and Universal.

Virtually no residue compared to Federal left in the gas block.

I'm taking Winchester to the range from now on.

This is one of the many reasons that I like to make everything run on Universal. Federal can make an undue mess of things, especially when you raise hell with it wink.png

post-22401-0-70440100-1340760230_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-51901600-1340760254_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-52608100-1340760282_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-87265800-1340760350_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Geez. How many rounds was that? What besides elbow grease did you use to clean it up?

It wasn't really the amount of rounds that caused this. It was around 500 or so rounds of Federal Multi-purpose fired very quickly. I brought 10 MD-20s to that session. There was a little cool down time while we were reloading drums. The weapon was so hot that the shot cups were melting on the way out of the barrel and I could see a mist coming out of the barrel every few shots. I later realized that mist was plastic. This is why I prefer Winchester Universal over Federal bulk, even though the Federal is stronger, the weapon will run hard longer with Winchester. We all have different standards and goals. For me, Winchester is better. I run things like I want to break them. It is about finding the limit.

The plastic flakes right off. It is a wax-like consistency. Very little effort to clean it.

How many rounds?

IIRC, around 200. Some of it fell on the floor.

Shot some Win Universal today. It was so hot today the guns were almost too hot to touch after just 5 minutes in the sun before firing. Got my first hood jam with the factory mag. Everything felt like it was getting soft.

Couldn't imagine being in Iraq.

Anyway, come to find out it is difficult to extract Universal out of an 870.