.410 front end conversion......

anybody have any other suggestions than the usual offerings for front end hand guards? over the long holiday day weekend a .410 came across my way so cheap i couldn't pass it up.....so now i want to convert it. got the rear end figured out the way i want but need some help on the front. would really like to go to the rear site block conversion (standard ak front end) but don't want to spend that much cash.....that's ALOT more than i paid for the .410!!! didn't realize how much ammo was till i started shopping around, no comparison to the 12 ga that's for sure. thanks in advance.

I would leave the factory front end on it, if it were me. Of course it's all about personal preference, but you should be good on parts count following your back end conversion. Some people put vents in the original handguard or cut it on a slant. If you don't want to put that much cash in it I would leave the factory fore end alone. I like it more than most of the US made ones I've seen.

As far as the price of shells, yeah it stinks. If your shooting 3" shells (which you are unless you have a 2½" mags) the cheapest I've seen is about 70 cents a round. I love popping rounds through my s410, but to the tune of $10.50 per mag full, or $22 a drum (not that I have one, for that reason) It really limits your fun.

Enjoy your new gun. Post pics when your done.

yeah the more i look around the stock forearm starting to look better all the time. as far as ammo goes i did get to run some rio 7.5 shot high brass 3" thru it, ran great with the 4 rd stock mag. so ordered a case of it, got it down to .43 cents a rd with shipping...not to bad. now moving on up to higher cap mags....just don't stop does it 021.gif. any advantage over the factory 10 verses the USA mags other than compliance parts? will post pics once i get it converted. TIA

I ordered some Rio ammo to try, it got back ordered, then went over 90 days and I never got it. If I had some cash I would jump on a case of it if it runs good. I'm low on all ammo and cash at the moment. haha.gif I spent all my money on high cap mags now I cant afford to fill them up. j/k

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand now. Sorry.

No one that I'm aware of carries a kit, but getting the gas tube, and upper lower grip, and lower grip mount should be easy to find. Several members have done it and have them posted in the 410 conversion pics section. Dinzag may be the best person to contact. He may be able to sell you everyhting from his store.

• Like 1