Mojo "Standard" rear peep sight?

Anyone on here rock a Mojo "standard" rear peep sight?

I'm thinking of getting one, as the "blade/groove" is horrible on the sporter rifle. I'm used to blade/groove sights on handguns, but this is the worst system I've ever used (on the Saiga). It's awful.

I'm leaning towards the Mojo "standard" peep sight as I feel the "microclick" one is a bit too gimicky for me. I have no use for a 400m sight, as I can't even see or focus (with bare eyes) that far anyway. I'm thinking a 50 yrd zero with a "standard" would suit me well (+1.5" max, @100 yrds, dead on @200 yrds) would be FINE for me (and a combat rifle). With the flatter trajectory of the .223, an inch and a half difference between 50 yrds and 300 yrds (which I can't see anyway) hardly seems to warrant a "micro click" system (as well as the meters system on the standard rear leaf). I'm all about K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid), so a 100 yrd (or even 50 yrd) zero would be ideal.

Anyone have experience with the "standard" (NON micro click) Mojo for the .223?

Had one on a MAK90 .223. Worked great. Didnt think it would being that far from the eye. Well worth the cost. Everyone who tried it like it better than the original sight.

I find the standard sights work a lot better if you can get your eye closer to the rear sight. For me, the Tantal stock is about right. Opening the rear sight notch can also help.

I put one on an unconverted long barreled 7.62x39 Saiga. Sighted it in at the range. Appears to work fine. The old eyes found it easier to use than the blade sight and I seemed to shoot it better.

Decided to put either Mojos or Krebs on my other Saigas as $ becomes available. Will probably try a Krebs next so I can compare the two.

Like you, I stuck with the basic version; less to screw up.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Looks like the standard Mojo is the ticket for me. At $40, it's worth a try!

I have much trouble with the standard groove rear. The blade, ears, and groove all wash out when I'm sighting. I've never had this issue with any other rifle. Then again... I've never used an aperature sight either (although the Mojo is more like a "ring" as the aperature is so far from the eye), so I'll give it a go. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I went with a Krebs on my 7.62x39 Saiga. I also have old eyes and the Krebs works better for me than the original notch. The Mojo should work great, too.

2012-06-30_22-14-47_772.jpg

2012-06-30_22-11-47_694.jpg

Thanks for that info! Looks like a great peep. Do you have any experience with the Mojo? I'm wondering how the peep hole is, size wise, between the Mojo and Krebs. I see you went with the 1k meter ladder version, any particular reason? I was thinking if I got the Krebs (rifle is still with gunsmith), I'd go with the 800m version (I can't imagine myself shooting 1k meters!). Did the sight retain "battle zero" with the Krebs at the 100m mark? Or did the front require resighting? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't decided between the two and any info would help. Thanks!

I went with a Krebs on my 7.62x39 Saiga. I also have old eyes and the Krebs works better for me than the original notch. The Mojo should work great, too.

Thanks for that info! Looks like a great peep. Do you have any experience with the Mojo? I'm wondering how the peep hole is, size wise, between the Mojo and Krebs. I see you went with the 1k meter ladder version, any particular reason? I was thinking if I got the Krebs (rifle is still with gunsmith), I'd go with the 800m version (I can't imagine myself shooting 1k meters!). Did the sight retain "battle zero" with the Krebs at the 100m mark? Or did the front require resighting? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't decided between the two and any info would help. Thanks!

I don't have any hands-on knowledge with the Mojo fixed aperture sight so I can't comment on the differences between the two. My Saiga came with a 300 meter sight. I contacted Krebs to see which one of their sights I should use, 800m or 1000m. They informed me the 1000m sight was needed for my Saiga. I watched several videos on youtube showing how to remove the rear sight and it wasn't too hard. I went to the range after I installed the Krebs rear sight to see if I'd need to adjust the front sight some and I was pleasantly surprised to find the sight was right on target. I won't claim that will happen with everyone but I had good results with mine. I can't speak to how accurate it is at farther distances as I only shoot at distances around 100m.

Edited by tchick