I like the Ace stuff which I have for the S12. I just got the Strikehard AK47 Vest for the Saiga 223 and Really like it. You can hold 4 Surefire 30 round mags in the 4 front mag pouches and another two in the left and right side pouches. There's also a large pocket behind these for more mags if need be. Just let Todd know it's for a Saiga. Good dude to deal with and Made in the USA.

http://www.strikehardgear.com/ak-47-chest-rig/

That ACE product looks pretty nice. I'm gonna look at the Strikehard vest tonite after super. I was trying to stay away from the vest because it seemed impractical ( to me) to practice. Although, I have never owned one so can't really say. I'm really looking for a way to go from underwear, to out the door with say 8 or 10,--- 10 round factory magazines, and maybe a few Glock 22 magazines, flashlight, knife, in my stocking feet. Or, an all around "any" situation carry. At the range, since the only place I can find to go, only has bench shooting. Would love to be someplace where a guy could shoot steel plates. Anyway, the more ideas the better. Thanks for the information so far and thanks for the links. Don :)

If you're looking for an emergency unplanned "grab and go" system, I'd just use a small tactical backpack (such as a maxpedition Venture II or small Condor Molle 3 day). Most tactical ones have molle on the outside. That way you can stuff emergencies inside (spare ammo, change of clothes, cleaning kit, toiletries, etc. Small stuff), and on the outside you can attach molle mag pouches (for rifle/pistol or both w/kangaroo pouches).

I have two types that I prefer.

First are the Hungarian "pleather" 5 mag pouches. they have a leather shoulder strap. I like them a lot. They are pretty economical, also. I have 4 of them.

DSCF1043-1.jpg

DSCF1044-1.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

I also like the US Peacekeepers rapid Deployment Bag. It will hold up to (4) 30 round mags if you are careful, or two easily. It also has several zipperd compartments suitable for extra boxed ammo, ear plugs, cleaning stuff, etc. They are a little pricy, though.

DSCF1045-1.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

I like those Peacekeeper bags. Where did you find the Hungarian bags? They look pretty good too. I was also looking at Original SOE gear. Nice, but pricey. Maxpedition has some bags that I think might be pretty good to. Seeing as how I'm pretty much stuck with the ten round mags and they are so much shorter, I think that Maxpedition Fat Boy might be right up my ally. When I pick something up I'll post so everyone can see what I ended up with. Thanks for all the good ideas everyone. Don :)

I got the 5 mag Hungarian from J&G Sales. They ar really cheap, but shippiong is not. However, they are in like new condirion. There is a similar 3 cell Hungarian, without the strap, for 20 round tanker mags. I think I got them from Centerfire.

Edited by canoecanoe