Sight options

Planning an eventual saiga build. I do have a spare gas tube and block.

I'm interested in a front sight out in "front AK sight area", i.e. just behind the chokes, and a rear sight about where

the current one is. The current front ball sight might get removed.

Also interested in putting an upper handguard on the weapon. I'd like the gun to look "stereotypically AK".

However, I'd like to have the sights thin enough to reliably blast skeet, in addition to ground targets, so the

wide military sights like on my SKS may not work. I like the current sights, I just would want a longer radius

(hence the front sight out by the muzzle) and I'd have to raise the sight plane to clear the handguard.

Advice and recommendations are welcome.

Guess I farted in church or something.

nah I'm sure people just haven't seen your post yet. Have you checked Carolinashooterssupply.com yet? they have a lot of saiga parts to choose from. they other thing i've done is do a google image search and click on pics that look like what i'm looking for and fallow the link.

Yea you pretty much are wanting a Dinzag S12 lol. A rear peep sight might be helpful if you're open to the idea. If you keep your origional rear sight base Krebs makes one that just replaces the origional pistol sight. If you go all out on your AK look and get the Dinzag RSB, Krebs also makes a replacement for the rear sight leaf that is exactly like the old one, but has a peep sight instead.

Also, don't feel bad. When I was a kid I let loose a really slow creepin fart during church. It was awesome watching it spread out from my seat in the back.