K-VAR stock swivel mount?

Question is, will that fit into the factory K-VAR stock and holes where the regular sling swivel is located?

Doubt it. When I got an IrownWood stock set, I had to find the correct hardware for it.

Since it was for a "Saiga/SGL", the sling swivel was cut to be the same size as on the k-var stocks. The only swivel that fit in there was the u.s. made one that k-var sells. The East German ones, as well as some other ones that I bought off a parts site, were all a tad too wide to fit in the cutout for the k-var sized one.

I dont remember if the holes lined up or not, though, its possible that you could enlarge the swivel cutout and have the holes still line up and fit properly.

I'm sure you could make it work. I took the sling loop and bracket off my K-var stock, filled in the screw holes with JB Weld, and drilled a proper hole (in between the old screw holes) for a large screw single "standard" swivel stud. I then took the flimsy loop of the Saiga handguard and used a common short 8/32 machine screw swivel stud instead (was a factory Mossberg stud, left over from a previous project) and it fits PERFECT.

Real swivel studs are WAY stronger than any loop/bracket you'd put on there, and you can use ANY swivel loop size you want (I prefer Outdoor Connection Talon, 1 piece machined, 1.25"), which means you can run ANY sling you want and it will be way stronger than any of the wire type loops they put on stocks.

• Like 1