I started a career as a photographer before the digital age. I was skilled and enjoyed Processing, which is akin to Reloading in the realm of firearms.

Well, when have you last had a roll of film developed?

Point being that in our technical revolution our firearms could become passe'.

I would use film more, but there are hardly any developers left that are worth a shit. And I'm not working with photochemicals again (long story)

but I hardly think so man. There are still people that are interested in all sorts of menial crap that is old.

It could happen but I'll be taking the Big Sleep long before it does. Still, it would be interesting to look into the future and see where it goes. If such a thing were possible I think you'd see things that look a lot like what we call "Science Fiction" now, energy based weapons only limited by the power supply.

There are still people that are interested in all sorts of menial crap that is old.

There is still interest in pretty much the first widely used photographic process the tintype.

Well, I still own and appreciate film equipment. But reality is that even Kodak, which was the world leader in film tech is now out.

So would you like to buy a FM10 in good condition?

but I hardly think so man. There are still people that are interested in all sorts of menial crap that is old.

Ditto that! I can't believe people are still running 8 tracks when cassettes are far less bulky and have better sound quality to boot!

I'd like to pop off about this one.

I was a formally trained photographer and videographer. I love the dark room.

Simply put, my Leica 35mm can still shoot a better photo than your 35K$ piece of shit digital camera.

The digital age still can't match the accuracy of a chemical transponder with a digital CCD. It wont happen for many, many years.

Digital opened the doors to cheap cameras and adjusted people's eyes to HORRID contrast, shallow depth and disgusting step pixels.

Now every swinging dick in the field that goes and buys a "fancy digital camera" thinks they are a shooter.

The laws and principles established over the years still apply to professional photography.

Anyway, go shoot some slide film out of your 35mm and compare it to the larger format clunkers that cost as much as your car. Digital still looks like shit at a high end and if you think otherwise, you have never seen a real print.

Digital audio and photography still suck ass.

• Like 1