Preservative leaflet in a new rifle?

It seems to me there was some leaflet warning of some chemical preservative on a NIB .308 Saiga which I promptly threw out. I then just did a once over with the standard oil and gun cleaning supplies and called it good.

While using 'non-acetone' nail polish remover to assist in the highlighting of engraved markings on the gun I notice a lot of blue or black coming off.

Is this the preservative they were trying to caution about or am I taking off the paint?

Just the cancer paper. That brown paper it comes wrapped in is great for keeping the rifles preserved while they are in transit for months, and not so great for human handling or consumption. Throw it out, wash your hands and it's all good.

Picked up a 12 not to long ago. Came with a warning slip. It says and I quote, "After unpacking annihilate this film (inhibitor paper)."

Why do Russians always want to annihilate everything?

In Soviet Union, film annihilates YOU!

That right there was the funniest thing today.

Made me laugh, thanks.

Picked up a 12 not to long ago. Came with a warning slip. It says and I quote, "After unpacking annihilate this film (inhibitor paper)."

Why do Russians always want to annihilate everything?

Thats some funny shit right there.

My Saigas usually come in a plastic yellow bag in a box. Never paper, I dont think. Not that I remember.

I do remember reading the brown piece of paper, and it said to wash hands after handling the rifle, as the factory oil can be dangerous (but its smell gives me a woody for some reasoN).

This piece of paper was included with all the Saigas that were shipped wrapped in the brown corrosion preventing paper until they switched over to the yellow plastic bags two or three years ago. It also said not to wrap food in it either.wacko.png

• 4 weeks later...