New Saiga 12 ammo

Hi everyone. I am new to the boards but glad to be here. I took my Saiga 12 out for the first time today and got about 6 rounds through it and every one of them had an eject issue. I was using Winchester Super X game loads 2 3/4" 1 oz. I was on the number 2 setting for the gas adjustment. I did some reading after getting home and but I am new and would like a sanity check.

The 1 oz is probably a little light and could be part of my problem. From what I have been reading this gun shouldn't be too selective on what ammo to use.

I did strip it anc check the ports and I do have 3 holes showing through the gas block.

Do you guys think it's a ammo break in issue or shoulf I try something else??

I appreciate the help.

I suggest going out and buying like 50-100 rounds of 3" federal magnum slugs and switching it to setting 1. Shoot through all that and it'll break the gun in nicely, it's the first thing I did with my S-12 and it's been running flawlessly with all ammo types from light target loads to magnum rounds.

Yeah, a well-set up and slick-running S12 will cycle 1oz target loads if you win the Russian Lottery. It's just not designed for that. I had to run a box of heavy stuff through mine before it would reliably eject low recoil buckshot, but it's slick and happy now!

first for reliability check: pop out the gas puck and try to see how many ports you have, and if any are occluded. If you're good there it's just a matter of polishing up the working surfaces. Manually cycling it a few hundred times can make a big difference on its own. You can also go over the rough spots with 500 grit and slick it up.