030 vs. 040

So the 040 does not have the self regulating gas system? I was wondering why the iz-433 was more expensive. Does anyone have experience with either of the Legion versions? I am trying to decide if I should get one or wait for the new Saiga to become available here in the states. Thank you for the info.

I bought a Legion IZ-447 (unconverted 040 i think). It does not have the auto gas system so I can set it for birdshot or buck/slugs. I had to tune the ramp a tiny bit but the gas system seems flawless so far. I've never had any problems with ejection. I put it into a K-pup (took a lot of filing). No complaints so far other than that many aftermarket parts don't fit just right.

I bought a Legion IZ-447 (unconverted 040 i think). It does not have the auto gas system so I can set it for birdshot or buck/slugs. I had to tune the ramp a tiny bit but the gas system seems flawless so far. I've never had any problems with ejection. I put it into a K-pup (took a lot of filing). No complaints so far other than that many aftermarket parts don't fit just right.

Id like to see a pick of that if you can? that would be interesting.

Looks good! Seems the IZL works better than all other saigas. Has magwell so no difficult insertion or removal. Incorporated rail and irons. Can u still use the irons? That's 100% better looking with those 3 features! great idea!

Out of all the butcher pupped S12's i have seen, i am liking the magwell version the best. It makes the most sense.

There's no way those irons can be used unless his face was off the ass end, then he'd have a severe case of butt stroke. beaten.gif

I have to tune the magwell a bit. The well is a lil wider than the slot in the receiver so mags tend to snag on insertion. I knew i wanted the lrbho and the magwell for the K-pup. The sights are way too low so that's why I am getting the Troy's put on rails. I figure the troy folding rear dual aperture is almost a ghost ring already and I can flip to the small aperture for slugs.

I was referring to the expected Vepr (I see it referred to sometimes as a US Saiga hence my slip). I would prefer a self regulating gas system as opposed to an overgassed one, so I may hold out if that is what we can expect with the Vepr. If not I will go with the 040 model. Anyone know where I can get an 030-1 or 031 type butt stock? Thanks.