Saiga 12 work in Dallas tx?

Ok I thought there was going to be more to choose from but there were only two sorry. Larry is a guy that we send most people to if they have problems on the range, he a good ol' boy (45 years experience) so I don't think he does much work on S12s. No reason not to see if he'd just drill a gas port for ya.

Advanced Gunworks is in Roanoke and I really don't know much about 'em, but the card is for sure fancier and "tacticool" looking so they might be more willing to try.

Larry's Gun and Outboard Repair Service

940-479-0309

9080 Wolf Run, Ponder Tx. 76259

Advanced Gun Works

817-742-0330

817-742-0350

620 Henrietta Creek Road, Suite 300, Roanoke Tx 76262

Edited by Goose

Hey Bambulance Man,

I live in the Garland 75042 area. I just sent my Saiga-12 off to Mr. Rogers at Lone Star Guns in New Mexico. He could definently do your port work, but I think he's more into the whole refienment of the system type of approch to gun smithing. He's SBS'ing my Saiga as we speak.

I tend to agree with Bridis, if you have the apptitude, hammer and drills, you can save yourself a lot of money, DIY. There's not much help that's reputable in the DFW area that I have found... Good luck!

Gimme a shout out in about 10 months to meet up at Targetmasters for a range day of shootig Saiga's!

Ross L.

• Like 2

Do it yourself could be an option. It's really simple. Just knock out a couple of pins, remove the block, drill holes to 3/32 and put back together. Simple. Much cheaper too.

how many ports do you have on your Saiga ? I have been Lurking a while and have done 3 Saiga port jobs on my guns thus far / it realy is a simple matter as stated above / remove pins scribe the front and back of the block before removing ( I used a pencil) and enlarge ports depending on the # of ports that you have / also check to see if the ports are partialy obstructed by the oem hole in the gas block and do the "D" modification as described in one of the pinned threads / if you can operate a drill and have a steady hand it realy is not a big deal to do / just take your time as haste makes was / love this forum and have found a wealth of information and some realy good vendors here.
  • Like 1

Hey Bambulance Man,

I live in the Garland 75042 area. I just sent my Saiga-12 off to Mr. Rogers at Lone Star Guns in New Mexico. He could definently do your port work, but I think he's more into the whole refienment of the system type of approch to gun smithing. He's SBS'ing my Saiga as we speak.

I tend to agree with Bridis, if you have the apptitude, hammer and drills, you can save yourself a lot of money, DIY. There's not much help that's reputable in the DFW area that I have found... Good luck!

Gimme a shout out in about 10 months to meet up at Targetmasters for a range day of shootig Saiga's!

Ross L.

heck yea ill go with ya to target masters. or even better we can shoot some skeet at Garland Public!

im actually considering DIY now.... hmnn

*edit*

decided to go DIY. gona post results later today

Edited by Bambulance Man

Hey Bambulance Man,

I think they'd run me off if I whipped out my SBS at the skeet range... I do have an old 870 Remington I think would fill the bill better. (18" barrel at least). Have'nt been to the public range in decades. My dad took me there when I was a teenager.

I'll PM ya or give ya a holler after my Saiga gets back from Lone Star Arms. It's going to be amazing!

Good luck on the DIY, there's a lot of info on how to do it, especally on this website.

Talk to ya later, Ross L.

• Like 1