Wood Furniture Hardware...

Hey everyone, well my Ironwood Designs Saiga 12 furniture came in, and it looks great, but once I checked it out, I realized that I am going to need some special hardware to attach the upper and lower handguard pieces. I have been looking around on kvar, and I'm seeing a bunch of hardware that looks like it may be the right one, but I'm not really sure what exactly I should be ordering...

Anyone that has installed Ironwood Wood Furniture on their Saiga 12 that could provide me a link to the hardware I need to buy to install it? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Oooh I hope you're ready to spend some more mula. They don't make AK furniture that just easily mounts to an S-12, nobody does. You will need to purchase or build upper and lower HG retainers.

The lower HGs Ironwood makes are normal AK style HGs special made to fit around the larger S-12 barrel, but you still need a retainer. That's the easy part though. It gets more fun when you want an upper HG.

Go here first

http://www.dinzagarms.com

• Like 1

Dinzag is the place to go. I went this route too and it's not cheap but the results are amazing. You'll need a modified gas tube/rear sight base and upper and lower retainers at the least. If you intend to use irons, you'll also need a new front sight block (I believe it's the tall one). You can send in your stock gas tube to help offset the costs or keep it and pay a little extra if you want to be able to return your S12 to its original configuration. See http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_12/aks12.html . I also needed to do some pretty extensive dremel work to get the lower handguard to fit on the receiver side. The last details I needed were a sling swivel on the buttstock and a pistol grip screw and nut. It's a good project but I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the results.

Edited by Mr. Nathan

This is not quite on topic, but Cobra is here and we're talking wood furniture, so here goes...

Ever since I heard that Tromix is going to make rifled bbls I've been basically obsessing over the idea of dressing up an S12 like an SVD. There will for sure be a lot of Dinzag hardware involved, but I was wondering if anyone had any input on where to find non origional wood (or any at all) and any fitting needed from one to the other.